Our easy day hikes offer: -4 to 6 miles-up to 1,000 ft. elevation gain-up to 6 hours-a small guide to guest ratio-maximum 6 guests per hike We will be in the mountains North, South, and East of Anchorage. Just minutes from the city, you quickly find yourself off the grid and immersed in Alaska’s great wild beauty. We will discuss local flora, fauna, history, and geology, while keeping you safe so you can freely enjoy the time spent in Alaskan back country. Guests must be able to walk up to 6 miles and manage a few hills. Where we go depends on the weather of the day and other factors such as trail closures. Our easy hike options include: rain forest paths, alpine valleys, ocean and mountain views, and wildlife sightings.Together, we have EMT, CPR/first aid, and wilderness first aid experience, as well as bear and moose safety experience. We love to show people the awe-inspiring natural beauty of our home. Get into the woods with us to experience Alaska’s great wild beauty!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, Mile 115 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
Into the Woods Alaska Easy Day Hike
-up to 1,000 ft. elevation gain
-up to 6 hours
-Maximum 6 participants per hike
An easy day hike will take you to many places around Anchorage without challenging terrain or steep climbs. Footing may still be uneven at times, as this is Alaska-but generally easy hikes are on level paths, have a few minor hills but generally flat, and are about 4-6 miles long.
Participants must be able to walk up to 6 miles and manage a few hills. We have a great selection of easy hikes that include rain forest paths, alpine valleys, ocean and mountain views. Where we go depends on the weather of the day and the general make up of our group-but it is guaranteed to be a great time!
Some of our destinations:
Kincaid Park Beach/Sand Dunes Walk
Winner Creek Trail
Eklutna Lake Trail
Turnagain Arm Trail
Thunderbird Falls Trail
South Fork Eagle River Trail
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with knee, hip, or foot problems.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Private transportation
- Trekking poles, backpacks, extra gear as needed
- Coffee and/or Tea - We offer coffee or tea at our meet-up spot, and we can offer snacks along the way. Guests do need to pack their own water, food, and snacks however (We just like to have a bit extra, just in case).
4306 Hayes St, Anchorage, AK 99503, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Into the Woods Alaska in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.