Our Day Hikes and winter snowshoe adventures offer:
-up to 6 miles
-up to 3,000 ft. elevation gain
-up to 6 hours
-a small guide to guest ratio: 1:6
We will be in the mountains North, South, and East of Anchorage. Just minutes from the city, you quickly find yourself off the grid and immersed in Alaska’s great wild beauty. We will discuss local flora, fauna, history, and geology, while keeping you safe so you can freely enjoy the time spent in Alaskan back country.
We offer a pleasant, peaceful tour with breathtaking natural beauty. Within ten minutes of Anchorage you find yourself at one of the largest state parks in the United States, with all the wild freedom that comes with it. Alaska truly is the last frontier.
Together, we have EMT, CPR/first aid, and wilderness first aid experience, as well as bear and moose safety experience. We love to show people the awe-inspiring natural beauty of our home. Get into the woods with us to experience Alaska’s great wild beauty!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chugach State Park, Mile 115 Seward Highway, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
Into the Woods Alaska Easy Day Hike
-up to 1,000 ft. elevation gain
-up to 6 hours
-Maximum 6 participants per hike
An easy day hike will take you to many places around Anchorage without challenging terrain or steep climbs. Footing may still be uneven at times, as this is Alaska-but generally easy hikes are on level paths, have a few minor hills but generally flat, and are about 4-6 miles long.
Participants must be able to walk up to 6 miles and manage a few hills. We have a great selection of easy hikes that include rain forest paths, alpine valleys, ocean and mountain views. Where we go depends on the weather of the day and the general make up of our group-but it is guaranteed to be a great time!
Some of our destinations:
Kincaid Park Beach/Sand Dunes Walk
Winner Creek Trail
Eklutna Lake Trail
Turnagain Arm Trail
Thunderbird Falls Trail
South Fork Eagle River Trail
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with knee, hip, or foot problems.
- Not recommended for guests with very young children-children must be able to hike the same terrain as adults.
- Recommend to children 14 years and older. NOT for young children.
- We recommend this hike only if you feel comfortable with steep ascents, rocky footing, 3000 feet of elevation gain, and around 10 miles of hiking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Trekking poles, backpacks, extra gear as needed
- Coffee and/or Tea - We offer a warm drink along the way-Hot chocolate or Tea, as well as some snacks, just in case!
- Private transportation
- Ice kleats
Uncle Leroy's Coffee, 701 W 36th Ave #18, Anchorage, AK 99503, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Into the Woods Alaska in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.