This walk through the heart of the Presidio will bring you closer to understanding its history and the role it played in the founding of San Francisco. Your guide is a resident of the Presidio with an insider's view of this national park! As both a current resident and former general manager of the Presidio Officers' Club, my unique perspective allows me to tell you about the park as only an insider can.
If you are staying at the Inn or Lodge at the Presidio, this is a great way to begin your visit and give yourself an introduction to this beautiful location!
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Presidio of San Francisco, 210 Lincoln Boulevard on the Presidio's Main Post, San Francisco, CA 94129
Our 2-mile walk on the Main Post in the Presidio will take us thru historic neighborhoods, past the oldest parts of San Francisco, and into the National Cemetery. We'll share stories about the people who have lived and worked here over the Presidio's 240+ years. You'll hear stories of ill-fated lovers, a house fire affecting a famous general and his family, and stories of heroes and spies buried in the National Cemetery.
We'll give you an overview of San Francisco's history and Presidio's role in its growth. Beginning as home of the Ohlone native people, to a Spanish, then Mexican military outpost, then U.S. Army base to National Park, the Presidio is now a park for the people!
Our walk starts at the Lodge at the Presidio. Hope to see you there!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: San Francisco National Cemetery, 1 Lincoln Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94129-1705
Stories of Buffalo Soldiers, a Union Spy, and a local Bay Area hero will capture your imagination, along with the spectacular view from the National Cemetery Overlook.
Be sure to bring your camera, the views of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge are sure to inspire!
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The entire walking tour takes place outdoors.
- Professional tour guide
- Hand sanitizer
- Gratuities, food & drink
Lodge at the Presidio, 105 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94129, USA
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the JB Walking Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.