You never forget your first wave, as surfing enthusiasts in Hawaii are prone to say, so make sure your first wave is a good one with a small-group surf lesson on the Big Island. This 2-hour Kona surf lesson starts with the basics, like surfing safety, etiquette and how to paddle and pop up on the board. Then take to the water to practice your newfound skills on the waves of Kahalu'u Bay! A knowledgeable surfing instructor will be in the water with you, telling you when to paddle and when to pop up. It’s a Hawaiian experience everyone should try at least once!
About This Deal
Meet your surfing instructor at a designated surf shop near Kahalu'u Bay, and begin your 2-hour surf lesson by picking out your surfboard and being fitted with reef booties and a rash guard.
Then head to the beach and hit the sand, learning the basics before you enter the water. Following your instructor’s directions, practice the proper techniques for paddling and popping up on your board. Then listen carefully to the explanation of surfing etiquette and how to wipe out safely before hitting the waves.
When you’re ready, fasten your ankle strap and hop on your board, paddling out from the beach. Your instructor will be with you in the water, telling you where to be, when to paddle and when to pop up. If you need it, you’ll be given a little push from the back of your board to make sure you catch as many waves as you can.
Instruction is tailored to your skill level; if you are a beginner, your instructor will make sure you don’t go anywhere near the bigger waves. If you are at a more advanced level, you instructor can provide advice on how to read waves, how to turn and how to catch larger waves.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Available for ages 11 and up
- Participant MUST know how to swim without the aid of a lifejacket
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kahalu'u Bay Surf and Sea in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.