You never forget your first wave, as surfing enthusiasts in Hawaii are prone to say, so make sure your first wave is a good one with a small-group surf lesson on the Big Island. This 2-hour Kona surf lesson starts with the basics, like surfing safety, etiquette and how to paddle and pop up on the board. Then take to the water to practice your newfound skills on the waves of Kahalu'u Bay! A knowledgeable surfing instructor will be in the water with you, telling you when to paddle and when to pop up. It’s a Hawaiian experience everyone should try at least once!
About This Deal
Kahaluu Bay is the best beginner surfing spot in Kona, Hawaii. You will meet your instructor at our surf shop which is located directly across the street from where you will be surfing. Upon arrival you will be outfitted with a SPF rashguard and reef shoes. After a brief safety and land demonstration on how to properly paddle and stand up on your surfboard, you will practice your skills on the gentle rolling waves of Kahaluu Bay. Your instructor will guide you along the way helping you to catch waves and offer tips to improve your skills!
• Kahaluu Bay, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Surfboard, Rashguard, Reef shoes
- Swimsuit, towel, sunscreen
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kahalu'u Bay Surf and Sea in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.