Kamoauli is a locally owned, all-wood, double-hulled, traditional Polynesian canoe (wa’a kaulua) offering a one-of-a-kind native Hawaiian cultural and educational experience. Come sail along the beautiful Waikiki coastline and become immersed in the stories and history of place (Mo‘olelo) reflected through the land (ʻāina) and ocean (moana) aboard a classroom on the sea. Our cultural practitioner and crew involve guests in hands on activities, using native materials to make food, clothing, tools, and other traditional items. Ask questions, explore the deck, nets and hulls, take part in poi (taro) pounding or just relax and enjoy. 'Ukulele music and traditional chants ('oli) with locally-sourced traditional food and drinks are all part of this unique experience.
*All ages are welcome, minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waikiki, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
E ho'okele kakou! Come experience Kamoauli, a traditional Polynesian wa'a kaulua - an all-wood, double-hulled sailing canoe!
Kamoauli is dedicated to preserving and perpetuating Hawaiian culture by offering a unique educational platform to share ka mo'olelo o ka 'aina - the native history, myths, legends and stories of this land - while sailing the waters of O'ahu's Kona district.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Cultural & Educational Activites - experience traditional food preparation and clothing manufacture.
- Learn about and participate in a traditional sunset 'oli ceremony
- Refreshments, dinner & music
1125 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kamoauli in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings