Kamoauli is a locally owned, all-wood, double-hulled, traditional Polynesian canoe (wa’a kaulua) offering a one-of-a-kind native Hawaiian cultural and educational experience. Come sail along the beautiful Waikiki coastline and become immersed in the stories and history of place (Mo‘olelo) reflected through the land (ʻāina) and ocean (moana) aboard a classroom on the sea. Our cultural practitioner and crew involve guests in hands on activities, using native materials to make food, clothing, tools, and other traditional items. Ask questions, explore the deck, nets and hulls, take part in poi (taro) pounding or just relax and enjoy. 'Ukulele music and traditional chants ('oli) with locally-sourced traditional food and drinks are all part of this unique experience.
*Note: Saturday & Sunday Daytime Sails are 3 hours instead of 2 and include full meal service.*
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waikiki, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
Sail on the only US Coast Guard Certified Polynesian Canoe in the world. Come aboard and experience
Native Hawaiian culture and activites and learn about the indigenous history of the Kona District of O'ahu
as we sail the Waikiki coastline of Mamala Bay.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Snacks - Traditional Hawaiian pupus and beverages
- Cultural & Educational Activites - experience traditional food preparation and clothing manufacture.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kamoauli in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.