Take a slow ride in a silent, easy-to-drive, off-road tour buggy from the shores of Ketchikan’s inside passage on this 3-hour adventure. Head through sacred, native land within the Tongass Rainforest for family fun around a crackling campfire with pancakes and s'mores. Then ascend in a buggy to a popular native overlook that offers spectacular views of Ketchikan’s surrounding islands on a clear day. Afterward, return to Saxman Seaport to visit Saxman Native Village and experience a close-up with many of Ketchikan’s famed totem poles.
What You'll Get
A dock representative will meet and greet at the bottom of the cruise ship gangway and provide an escort to the waiting shuttle. After a 15-minute ride, arrive at the facility, then board the electric, bad-boy buggy. Drive the buggy or if preferred, ride with the guide along a beautiful rainforest trail, learning about the flora, fauna, and history of this incredible area along the way.
Upon arrival at the wilderness camp, all-you-can-eat pancakes and fruit, plus coffee, hot chocolate, bottled water, or hot apple cider will be available. Polish off this amazing meal by roasting marshmallows to create s'mores. Stretch out and walk back to the buggy to view the charming Lake Connell and its admirable dam.
Afterwards, return to the facility via the rare, wooden pipeline trail. There will be a few minutes to shop before boarding the shuttle for a return trip to the cruise-ship pier.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available upon request, if advised at the time of booking
- At time of booking, cruise-ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and reboarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or full refund will be offered
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them with boarding and disembarking
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- The duration of transfers are approximate. The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Ride in silent style through the Alaskan rainforest
- Great for grandparents and grandkids alike
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ketchikan Outdoors in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.