Kilauea Volcano is by far one of the most amazing and dramatic visitor destinations in the world and the most famous of our 3 active volcanoes in Hawai’i.
This very popular adventure begins early in the morning with stops at Pu’uhonua O’Honaunau (Place of Refuge), Punalu’u (Black Sand Beach), and Ka’u Coffee Mill for a coffee tasting. The rest of the day is spent exploring the hidden treasures of Kilauea Volcano at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park in the comfort of our full-sized, air-conditioned SUV and on foot and with your very own certified interpretive guide. No one gets you closer to the enormous Kilauea Caldera. Recently reshaped by volcanic forces. A picnic style lunch is served in the park, during the adventure.
This is one of the island’s most popular volcano tours and should not be missed.
What You'll Get
Being the leader in small group tour adventures here on Hawai’i Island, you don’t want to miss your chance to explore the volcano with us. Our tours are designed to get you there and back in comfort.
This tour departs the Kona side of the island at 6:30 AM and we make our way South, stopping for a shoreline continental breakfast at Pu'uhonua O'Honaunau (Place of Refuge). After breakfast, we continue our journey South to the town of Na'alehu and a rest-stop at Punalu'u Bake Shop where you can sample one of Hawaii's favorite pastries.
Our next stop is at Punalu'u Beach (Black Sand Beach) to take a stroll on the beach and get glimpses of Honu (Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles) resting in the sun.
Next, on our way to Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, we stop to sample award-winning coffee at the Ka'u Coffee Mill, the largest producer of coffee in the district.
We arrive at the Volcanoes National Park just before noon and enjoy a picnic-style lunch before taking the afternoon to explore sites such as Kilauea Caldera and Halema'uma'u Crater, recently sculpted by Pele, Goddess of Fire, into a larger, more massive crater than we've ever seen. Hiking trails that lead to steam vents, craters, and fissures. Hear stories of the park's history, it's significance to the island and how it's tied to Hawaii's culture.
After our day of exploration, we make our way home making a final stop at Rainbow Falls, near Hilo before continuing back to the hotels.
This is the volcano experience you've been looking for. We offer small groups, comfortable transportation, and lots of fun.
Give us a call today.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- National Park fees
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
Most accommodations along the Kona/Kohala coast and some locations in Hilo.
We drop off at your accommodation or other specified location.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Kona Adventure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.