This 3-hour family friendly whitewater rafting trip is designed to give you a taste of what the Clearwater River has to offer. Great for families with young children or those who want to experience the fun of class 1 to 3 rapids. Discover the brilliance of Wells Gray Park’s lush volcanic canyons from your front row seat on the Clearwater River! Please Note: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This family-friendly whitewater rafting trip is perfect for people who do not want to run through the larger whitewater rapids of the Clearwater River, such as families with young children.
With over 5,250 Sq Km of area to explore, Wells Gray Provincial Park is one the largest parks in Canada. With thousands of years of volcanic activity, Wells Gray is being considered for "World Heritage Status" due to the abundance of unique and wild volcanic features that the park has to offer. The Clearwater River is the drainage basin for the entire area of Wells Gray. This mighty river is known as one of the most dynamic tributaries for the entire Fraser River system. The Clearwater River is the culmination of an incredible concentration of waterfalls, rapids, and chutes, probably the greatest in BC, and one of the greatest in the world. Known as an ever changing river, the Clearwater River will give whitewater enthusiasts an unforgettable ride.
The river is comprised of three raftable canyons: the Upper (Sabertooth) Canyon, the Middle (Granite) Canyon, and the Lower Canyon. Your tour will start at the Lower Canyon on gentle whitewater. As you start to raft down stream, take the time to look around at the cliffs and canyons filled with an abundance of igneous rocks formed from thousands of years of old volcanic activity.
Your professional and knowledgeable guides will give all of the safety information you will need to know before getting into the bigger rapids. As you make your way down the consistent section of river, you will encounter an abundance of waves and even have the opportunity to see what it feels like to body surf through a section of class 2 rapids. A fun trip the whole family can enjoy!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Proper water gear (swim suits) must be worn underneath the provided wet suit
- Closed toe shoes/ Running shoes are essential
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Detailed Safety Briefing
- On River Training
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Liquid Lifestyles Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.