Blast through the Clearwater’s big class 4 Sabertooth Canyon and the Granite Canyon. With 5 hours and 14 km of non-stop river rafting and excitement, double the river distance of any other other tour operator in Clearwater. This adventure will be the highlight of your vacation. A floating deli-style lunch on the river is included with this trip. Discover the brilliance of Wells Gray Park’s lush volcanic canyons from your front row seat on the Clearwater River!Please Note: A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
With over 5,250 Sq Km of area to explore, Wells Gray Provincial Park is one the largest parks in Canada. With thousands of years of volcanic activity, Wells Gray is being considered for "World Heritage Status" due to the abundance of unique and wild volcanic features that the park has to offer. The Clearwater River is the drainage basin for the entire area of Wells Gray. This mighty river is known as one of the most dynamic tributaries for the entire Fraser River system. The Clearwater River is the culmination of an incredible concentration of waterfalls, rapids, and chutes, probably the greatest in BC, and one of the greatest in the world. Known as an ever changing river, the Clearwater River will give whitewater enthusiasts an unforgettable ride.
The Clearwater River is comprised of three raftable canyons: the Upper (Sabertooth) Canyon, the Middle (Granite) Canyon, and the Lower Canyon. Your tour will start at the beginning of the Sabertooth Canyon with a big class 4 rapid and a range of 1-3 class rapids followed by the Granite Canyon on gentle whitewater.
As you start to raft down stream, take the time to look around at the cliffs and canyons filled with an abundance of igneous rocks formed from thousands of years of old volcanic activity. As you enjoy the amazing sights, your professional and knowledgeable guides will give you all of the safety information you will need to know before getting into the bigger rapids.
Make your way into the heart of the Granite Canyon, which is described as as Mother Nature's natural roller coaster. Following these roller coaster waves, you'll find yourself entering rapids such as, 'Slide Wave,' 'Shane's Demise,' and 'Shark's Tooth.'
Then as you approach the end of your tour, you'll come up against an unrunnable section of river known as "the Kettle." This section of river involves a mandatory portage of all the boats and equipment.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Proper water gear (swim suits) must be worn underneath the provided wetsuit
- Closed toe shoes/ Running shoes are essential
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Detailed Safety Briefing
- On River Training
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Clearwater, British Columbia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Liquid Lifestyles Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.