Experience the Clearwater River as never seen before, all while you pilot your very own tandem inflatable kayak. Enjoy the tour by yourself or with a friend with a guide to guest ratio of 4 guest per guide. This exciting experience is excellent for families and small groups. Get ready to charge through 7 kilometers of class 1-3 whitewater.
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Imagine a place where the wildlife is abundant, the crowds are non-existent, and there is plenty of wide, open, spaces. The home of Canada's fourth highest waterfall, Helmcken Falls, just one of the 39 named waterfalls you will find here in Wells Gray Provincial Park. It is where the Murtle and Clearwater Rivers grow and flourish every spring and the wildlife sightings can be as common as the sunrise and sunsets.
With over 5,250 Sq Km of area to explore, Wells Gray Provincial Park is one the largest parks in Canada. With thousands of years of volcanic activity Wells Gray is being considered for "World Heritage Status" due to the abundance of unique and wild volcanic features that the park has to offer. The Clearwater River is the drainage basin for the entire area of Wells Gray. This mighty river is known as one of the most dynamic tributaries for the entire Fraser River system. The Clearwater River is the culmination of an incredible concentration of waterfalls, rapids, and chutes, probably the greatest in BC, and one of the greatest in the world. Known as an ever changing river, the Clearwater River will give whitewater enthusiasts an unforgettable ride.
The Clearwater River has been comprised of three raftable canyons. The Upper (Sabertooth) Canyon, the Middle (Granite) Canyon, and the Lower Canyon. Your tour will start at the beginning of the Lower Canyon at a Clearwater favorite spot "Hole in the Wall". Here you will see an amazing natural rock formation as well as lots of igneous rocks. As you enjoy the amazing sights, your professional and knowledgeable guides will give you all of the safety information you will need to know before heading down stream and getting into the rapids.
The Lower Canyon is where you will experience the most consistent ride on the Clearwater River. As you make your way through Class 1-3 rapids you will practice your edging as you weave in and out of eddies, as well as driving head first into some remarkable rapids before gently finishing in the town of Clearwater.
This tour is sure to give you a thrill as you experience being right on the water and going through rapids as close as you possibly can while in your own inflatable kayak.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Proper water gear (swimsuit) must be worn underneath the provided wetsuit
- Closed toe shoes/running shoes are essential
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Detailed Safety Briefing
- On River Training
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Liquid Lifestyles Whitewater Rafting and Kayaking in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.