Experience the world’s largest urban bat colony emerge from under the Congress Avenue Bridge! This colony made up of 1.5 million Mexican free tailed bats is an amazing sight to see and hear. From the meeting point, join your professional guide at 6pm where afterward, you will paddle and observe one of nature’s wonders and learn about how these nocturnal creatures help create a better ecosystem for everyone. The tour lasts 2 hours and food and drinks are not included.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Congress Avenue Bridge / Austin Bats, 100 Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78701-4072
You will see the world's largest urban bat colony that peaks at around 2 million bats during the peak of the season. The bats take off around sunset and always head towards the eastern part of downtown.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Austin, Austin, Texas
You will see a number of buildings on the Austin Skyline including the Hotel Van Zandt, The Austonian Tower, and a multitude of residential and commercial buildings.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Recommend you wear swimsuit, windbreaker jacket, or lightly layered synthetic clothing
- Bring sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, waterproof camera, bottle water, bug repellent, towel, and extra change of clothes
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Professional guide
- Life jacket
- Paddle lesson and safety instructions
- Glowstick Bracelet
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Lone Star Kayak Tours, llc. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.