Enjoy a peaceful float down the Snake River. Not to worry - your guide does all the work. Simply relax and take in the beautiful scenery and wildlife views all around you. The Grand Tetons are the backdrop for your departure, so cameras and binoculars are welcome on all trips. You never know when wildlife will make an appearance.
What You'll Get
Enjoy a peaceful float down the Snake River with us. Not to worry - your guide does all the work. Simply relax and take in the beautiful scenery and wildlife views all around you. The Grand Tetons are the backdrop for your departure, so cameras and binoculars are welcome on all trips. You never know when wildlife will make an appearance.
Mornings are a perfect time to be on the river. The combination of a light fog lifting, sunlight striking the Teton Range and the fresh morning air provide the perfect backdrop for a relaxing scenic float. Mornings provide the best chance to catch a glimpse of wildlife before the heat of the day sets in. The magnificent Teton Range sets the stage for our 13 mile Scenic Float trips. This trip starts west of the town of Jackson and winds its way south through braided river channels and sand bars. This 13-mile stretch is home to an array of natural wonders unlike anywhere else on earth and the opportunity to view them all in one place is extremely rare.
This trip launches from the Wilson Bridge Boat Ramp. Our experienced and knowledgeable guides will navigate you through this pristine landscape, sharing the history, geology, and wildlife of the region. Due to calm waters, cameras and binoculars are generally fine for this stretch of river. You may see beaver, cutthroat trout, cliff swallows, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. A lucky few may even catch a glimpse of a mule deer, moose, elk or even a grizzly or black bear.
This trip features our full-sized AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 18'3" raft. It seats 16 people but we average 8 to 10 guests per boat. All positions in this raft are non-paddling positions. Just relax and take in the beauty of Jackson Hole.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 – 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
- Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
- Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
- We have wet suits, wet suit jackets, and fleece jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets and fleece jackets are each $5.00 to rent.
- Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, you’ll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
- Bring a change of dry clothes and a towel.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- Trip pricing includes all taxes and fees.
- Gratuities are not included, it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river
- Rain Poncho
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD)
- Entry/Admission - Snake River
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver)
- Gear Rentals (wet suits, booties and jackets are available for rental)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
3 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mad River Boat Trips in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.