A unique land and sea adventure! Experience Portland aboard our famous modern amphibious vehicle, or Duck. As you twist and turn through the Old Port aboard we’ll tell you about the legends and lore that have shaped Portland into one of the most historical cities in the nation.
Learn about places of interest to visit and many little known facts about the city that is nicknamed “The Phoenix.” Then, hold onto your tail feathers as we DRIVE into the waters of Casco Bay to view Portland’s working waterfront, Calendar Islands and marine wildlife. This is Maine sightseeing at it’s best!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Commercial Street, Portland, ME
Downtown Portland's working waterfront
Pass By: United States Custom House, 312 Fore St, Portland, ME 04101-4110
A grand granite structure along Portland's Waterfront built in 1862, after The Great Fire.
Pass By: The First Parish Portland Unitarian Universalist, 425 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101-3505
Portland's oldest church, the first major granite structure in the city, and having barely survived canon ball fire during the Revolutionary War.
Pass By: Portland City Hall, 389 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101-3566
Another of Portland's famous granite landmarks, built in 1912. See and hear why we have adopted The Phoenix as our symbol.
Pass By: Congress Street, Portland, ME
The historic Monument Square and Farmers Market, Soldiers and Sailors Monument, One City Center, Longfellow House and Museum, and Arts District.
Pass By: Wadsworth-Longfellow House, 489 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101-3414
The childhood home of Portland's most famous historical figure, built in 1786. Don't forget to stop back by and visit the beautiful garden!
Pass By: Portland Museum of Art, 7 Congress Sq, Portland, ME 04101-1119
Home of famous Maine artists' works - Homer, Wyeth and more
Pass By: One Longfellow Square, 181 State St, Portland, ME 04101-3701
The honorary Henry Wadsworth Longfellow statue overlooks the Square.
Pass By: Victoria Mansion, 109 Danforth St, Portland, ME 04101-4504
Italian Villa style architecture at its finest! One of America's most historic homes of the 19th century.
Stop At: Casco Bay, Portland, ME
Splashing in (don't worry you won't get wet), our time in Portland Harbor (Casco Bay) provides scenic views off the coast of the Portland peninsula and the Calendar Islands- including Peaks Island, Fort Gorges, Breakwater "Bug" Lighthouse, and Springpoint Breakwater Lighthouse. Keep your eyes open for lobster boats, harbor seals and a variety of native sea ducks too.
Duration: 22 minutes
Pass By: Old Port, Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101
Portland's Downtown and waterfront - cobblestone streets, museums, views of Casco Bay and architecture are covered.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- duck whistles sold separately ($3)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Maine Duck Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.