Hawaii’s most recent natural disaster’s. Cultural differences and history. Past and present knowledge of the “Big Island”.
What You'll Get
Get started on your journey with a drive thru Hilo’s own “Walk of Fame” with trees planted by Amelia Earhart to Babe Ruth, explore the popularity drive on the way to Liliuokalani Gardens. Once at the Gardens, take a stroll along the Japanese garden pieces and authentic Teahouse.
View the pristine Rainbow Falls, home of Hina (Hawaiian Moon Goddess). The colors that dance in the falls will illuminate in front of your eyes. Whether it be the fascinating Banyan trees or the Falls itself, take the perfect getaway photo to be instilled in the moment.
A quick drive through the village of Pahoa. This mini village has encounter a few close calls over the years. From Lava Flows to Hurricanes, luckily this little village is humbled by the warmth of a close knit community.
Next, journey over the most recent lava flow on the way to Pohoiki. Originally a local fisherman’s boat launch and surf spot, is now the most talked about beach on Hawaii Island. Over ran by Kilauea's 2018 lava eruption, Pohoiki is now the newest black sand beach.
Indulge in macadamia nuts as we visit the production factory and visitor center. There are 12 flavors to sample along with mac nut infused shortbread cookies. Spend a few in the Nature walk before relaxing in the snack bar area where sandwiches or mac nut ice cream are available for purchase.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Bottled water
Pick up only from pick up locations listed.
- Port of Hilo
- Hilo Intl Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
5 to 6 hours
- Hilo International Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA - Travelers will be returned to pick up location.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Malahini Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.