Imagine rappelling down waterfalls in a private rainforest valley on the famed Road to Hana. What's rappelling? It's a popular adventure/gravity sport that includes a descent from a cliff or wall using anchored ropes. Under supervision and instruction from expert guides, you’ll use professional equipment to descend into nature in the Maui location featured in the movie Jurassic Park. Great for active families, couples, groups and solo travelers with an appreciation for dynamic outdoor excursions. Minimum age of 10; minimum weight of 70 lbs., maximum weight of 250 lbs., and waist measurement between 22 and 48 inches. All gear (including shoes) provided. RAIN or SHINE: We go to the rainforest. Waterfalls are naturally occurring phenomena changing rapidly at any time. When the streams flood due to rain and the falls are roaring or swollen, and we cannot safely rappel one or both waterfalls, we rappel 40- to 115-foot drops from jungle cliffsides at a safe distance from the water course.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
You'll cruise down the jungle cliffs and waterfalls of a private rainforest canyon using an anchored rope system, hike through streams and on natural trails, and swim in natural freshwater pools. RAIN or SHINE: We go to the rainforest. Weather and waterfalls are naturally occurring phenomena; both can change rapidly at any time. When the streams flood due to rain, the falls are roaring or swollen, and the valley is alive with high or swift water activity. If we cannot safely rappel one or both waterfalls on such days, we do 40- to 115-foot drops from jungle cliffsides at a safe distance from the water course. Please note that it rains at least a part of every day in the rainforest.
• Hana Highway - Road to Hana, Route 36, Maui, HI
• Garden of Eden Arboretum & Botanical Garden, 10600 Hana Hwy Mile Marker 10.5, Hana, Maui, HI 96708-5790
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age is 10 years old.
- All participants must weigh between 70 lbs and 250 lbs; waists must measure between 22 and 48 inches. We weigh all participants at check in. There is no refund for guests who don't make the weight restriction at the check in point.
- Participants must understand spoken English well and speak it fluently.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult; a legal parent or guardian must sign the child's permission form before tour begins.
- Operates in all weather conditions with alternate rappels when the waterfalls are flooding, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants must be able to walk and hike unassisted.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water - Seasonal snacks
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Canyoning Maui, LLC, dba Rappel Maui in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings