Experience the wonders of the ancient Maya by both day and night on an Uxmal sound and light tour from Merida. Take a guided tour of the Nunnery Quadrangle, Pyramid of the Magician and Governor's Palace at Uxmal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and learn about the Puuc architecture of the ancient Maya. Then see the sites floodlit at night during one of the world’s most acclaimed and spectacular light and sound shows.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zona Arqueologica Uxmal, Carretera Federal No. 261, Uxmal 97899 Mexico
Your tour begins with pickup from a meeting point by small-group van.
Enjoy lunch and relax on the scenic drive to the ancient Maya site of Uxmal, the most splendid of the Puuc sites, boasting some of the finest examples of Maya architecture you'll ever see.
Enjoy a two-hour guided tour of Uxmal, highlighting the site’s structures, geometrical figures and masks of the Mayan’s most significant deity, Chaac.
Visit the Nunnery Quadrangle, where friezes represent owls and serpents, and learn the meaning behind the four multi-level buildings arranged around a central plaza. Look up at the oval-shaped Pyramid of the Magician (the Pyramid of the Soothsayer), unrivaled in the beauty of its precise design. View more than 100 images of Chaac on the facade of the Governor’s Palace, where a central doorway was built in astronomical alignment with the planets.
Then, as the sky darkens, take your seat in the Nunnery Quadrangle and prepare yourself for the theatrical drama of Uxmal's spectacular sound and light show, acclaimed as one of the finest in the world.
Watch in amazement as the splendors of the Maya world are recreated with light and sounds, capturing the mystery and magic of Uxmal's past.
Duration: 8 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Please verify your meeting point depending your hotel:
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Free use of the Hacienda Uxmal facilities
- Dinner. Meals based on selection menu
- Roundtrip transportation from meeting point in Merida
- Free access to Uxmal´s First Explorers Gallery
- Translator devices for the light & sound show
- Meals and beverages not mentioned before.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Admission fee to the archaeological site and to the Light & Sound show
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica Uxmal
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mayaland Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.