Learn about the ancient ruins of Uxmal and its important role in the Mayan culture, also you will know how chocolate has been worked for hundreds of years visiting the Choco-Story museum. Enjoy of the Hacienda Uxmal Resort facilities to take rest, eat or just take a nice walk.
What You'll Get
Pass By: Zona Arqueologica Uxmal, Carretera Federal No. 261, Uxmal 97899 Mexico
Your first stop will be Uxmal, known to many by way of legend, myth or anecdote. It is situated within a series of hills known as the Puuc or "mountainous area" in Maya. The name was later given to describe the architectural style of the region, such as the colossal Magicians Pyramid, impressive Governor´s Palace, intricate Dove´s Temple and Grand Nuns Quadrangle.
The archaeological structures and buildings located throughout Uxmal are ornamented with geometrical figures and masks of the rain god, Chaac. The rain god was considered by the Maya people as one of the most important of their deities.
Pass By: Choco Story uxmal, Calle 48 # 390 Int 1 Diagonal 31 y Diagonal 33, Uxmal 97899 Mexico
Then, visit the Choco-Story Museum and learn about the history of cocoa, its importance to the Mayas, the way it is cultivated and the traditional process to make chocolate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Explore the site at your own pace, with no pressure and no tight pre-arranged schedules!
- Please wear light, comfortable clothing & walking/hiking shoes. Bring your sunglasses, hat, bathing suit, biodegradable sunblock. Camera!
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Facilities to Hacienda Uxmal Resort
- Admission to Uxmal
- Admission to Choco-Story Museum
- Food & Beverage
- Optional gratuites
Zona Arqueologica Uxmal, Carretera Federal No. 261, Uxmal 97899 Mexico
6/2/2019 - 12/23/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Mayaland Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.