The Wild and Scenic Upper Klamath River is arguably the best class IV summer day trip in the country. Cutting a steep wilderness canyon through the Cascades of Southern Oregon the river features big summer flows and rapids that are over a football field long. There are three different sections beginning with a fun class-III warm-up – making the Upper Klamath a recommended trip for first-timers and experienced paddlers. The trips are enjoyed in small groups and lead by some of the most experienced guides in the country.
What You'll Get
Our most popular day trip from Ashland - run over 30 major class III to IV+ rapids on big flows all summer long. The Upper K is arguable the best Class IV summer day trip in the country. The run has three different sections and begins with a fun class-III warm-up. This first stretch makes the Upper Klamath a recommended rafting trip for first-timers in good health, as they have plenty of time to learn the finer points of river running before dropping into rapids that are over a football field long.
Guests will be picked up at their hotel in Ashland between 8:00am and 9:00am and will return between 5:00pm and 5:30pm – back in time for a shower and dinner before the plays. Besides the amazing whitewater and beautiful canyon, the trip also includes a continental breakfast, a big lunch and snack.
The run has three different sections beginning with a fun class-III warm-up. This first stretch makes the Upper Klamath a recommended rafting trip for first-timers in good health, as there is plenty of time to learn the finer points of river running. After the warm-up, the canyon constricts and we enter the famous "Hell's Corner" section of river – beginning with a 150 yard rapid known as 'Caldera'. There are very few stretches of summer whitewater like it.
The Upper Klamath is an original 'backyard' river, and one we know like an old friend. Find out why guests that have joined us on trips all over the west and abroad still try to make time for a 'UK' trip (or two) every year.
Upper Klamath Day Trips Include:
• All river equipment.
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off from the Ashland area.
• A continental breakfast, gourmet lunch and snack, featuring local and organic produce & products.
• World-class guides with a minimum 5 years experience leading trips around the globe.
• One of the finest and most exciting class-IV whitewater day trips in the west!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Age: Minimum 10 years old with parent consent
- Recommended: Relatively good physical condition
- Dress code: Shoes that stay on feet (sneakers, water shoes, sandals with ankle strap- no flip flops), swimsuit, quick-drying shorts, quick drying shirt, sunscreen, water bottle, sunglasses with strap, prudent personal medication. Optional- camera, dry clothes for ride home
- Operates in all weather conditions, dress accordingly
- All river equipment
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from the Ashland Oregon area.
- A continental breakfast, gourmet lunch and snack, featuring local and organic produce & products.
- World-class guides with a minimum of 5 years experience leading trips around the globe
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel Pick-Up And Drop-Off From The Ashland Oregon Area
Between 8:00am - 9:00am. Exact time will depend on where guests are lodging and will be determined prior to the day of the trip.
Hotel, bed & breakfast or personal residence.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Momentum River Expeditions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.