A cruise aboard The Tall Ship Silva is the perfect way to fully appreciate a beautiful day on the Halifax Harbour. Join us on our comfortable and thoroughly impressive vessel for this relaxing afternoon outing on the water. Your journey beings on the Halifax waterfront as you set off into the big harbour where you’ll have a unique perspective of some of Halifax’s most notable landmarks including Georges Island, the Halifax Waterfront, Historic Properties, and more. Our guides will share anecdotes of some of the city’s rich history including accounts of Halifax Explosion, lesser-known stories of Halifax shipwrecks, and historical facts about the Silva. Passengers will be invited to help the crew hoist the Silva’s sails, enjoy a beverage or two from the onboard Murphy’s Pub, and then simply sit back, relax and enjoy a beautiful day out on the water.
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
Once you board the Tall Ship Silva, our crew will brief you on the safety rules and procedures before we set sail in the beautiful Halifax Harbour. Relax and enjoy our fully stocked bar as our Captains and crew get us out on the water. You will cruise down to the bridge and up past George's Island while the Crew tells stories and the history behind both the Tall Ship Silva and the Halifax Harbour which is the reason Nova Scotia's capital city is located where it is. Nova Scotia has a rich sailing history, and your crew will be happy to share their knowledge and experience with you. Some prefer to sit back and enjoy the sights and views on a beautiful day, while others choose to assist the crew in raising and lowering our sails. Our large and comfortable vessel has more than enough space for everyone to enjoy the experience they are looking for. The Tall Ship Silva is a perfect way to experience Halifax the way it is best known for: the water with salt in the air. The views of the city from the water make for perfect photo opportunities for you to remember your trip, and your crew will be more than happy to assist in taking pictures. You do not want to visit Halifax without getting out to enjoy the water with the friendly and knowledgeable crew on the Tall Ship Silva!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 19 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair (washrooms are below deck and are accessed by stairs)
- Please dress warmly and it is recommended to wear layers. Temperature is generally about 10 degrees cooler (Celsius), on the water than it is on land.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Parking is not included
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Murphys Sailing Tours Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.