This shore excursion is one of the most popular in it shows the best of Sitka, the former "Russian" capital city of Alaska. It includes a wildlife tour through the Alaska Raptor Center, a visit to the Sitka National Historical Park, and a stop at the Fortress of the Bears.
What You'll Get
Sitka's Bald Eagle Center operates with bird care professionals assisted by volunteers to rescue birds, provide them with rehabilitative care and hopefully release them back into the wild. After your introduction to the center, a presentation with one of the Center's educational birds will take place. Time will be available to view the flight center, clinic window, outside deck habitat areas and gift shop.
Next, you'll visit the Sitka National Historical Park, where the 1804 "Battle of Alaska", was fought. The park hosts totem lined trails, cultural exhibits and carving rooms where native Alaskan artisans demonstrate their totemic art form. Walk the nature trail, view cultural exhibits and video presentation, or talk with local native artists about their cultural art form.
The final stop is visiting the Fortress of the Bears, which allows you get within 25 feet of Alaska's brown bears in a naturalized setting. You will enjoy observing 3 populations of bears from a covered viewing platform and interact with an experienced naturalist. After the bear tour, you may disembark on the main street to shop or be returned directly to the tender pier.
• 1 hour guided roundtrip narration via bus
• 20 minutes at Fortress of the Bears
• 1 hour at the Raptor Center
• 1 hour at the Sitka National Historical Park
• 30 minute visit at St. Michael's Cathedral
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- A camera is advised to take with you
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Fortress of the bears
- Raptor Centre
- Totem Park Tour
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Sitka Cruise Port
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2020 - 5/30/2020
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
3 hours 30 minutes
Sitka cruise port
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the My Holidays Online in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.