With a knowledgeable local guide and driver, enjoy stress-free door-to-door transportation from Seattle. Learn about the region's tulip production history as we escape the city, with snow-capped mountains coming into view on clear days. Skip-the-lines to access the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival's magnificent fields at Roozengaarde and Tulip Town, avoiding the crowds. Visit La Conner, a charming seaside town where we'll stop for lunch. Before returning to Seattle, visit a local winery where you'll enjoy a complimentary glass of award-winning wine accompanied by a selection of organic cheese, bread and snacks.
-Door-to-door transport with a local guide from all downtown Seattle hotels.
-Guaranteed small group tour limited to 12 guests max.
-Skip-the-lines at Roozengaarde and Tulip Town fields.
-Explore La Conner, a charming seaside town for lunch stop.
-Visit a local award-winning winery.
Enjoy complimentary glass of wine with local organic cheese, bread, and snacks.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Roozengaarde Display Garden, 15867 Beaver Marsh Rd, Mount Vernon, WA 98273-8802
Your tour will begin when your guide and driver picks you up at your Seattle hotel in our comfortable high-roof, extended length van. As we drive north, you'll get your first glimpses of the snow capped North Cascade mountains and Mt. Baker on clear days. After about an hour on the highway, we'll make our way along the Skagit Valley's back roads and get our first glimpses of fields of daffodils and tulips stretching before us.
Your first stop of the day will be at Roozengaarde, the largest tulip producer in North America. Roozengaarde can get very busy during peak tulip season, but you'll skip directly to the front of the line. Roozengaarde's tulip display garden is on 5 acres and is planted with approximately 250,000 tulips each year. We will spend approximately 2 hours at Roozengaarde before proceeding on to the historic seaside village of La Conner.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: La Conner, La Conner, Washington
You will have about 90 minutes to explore beautiful seaside La Conner, have lunch at one of the village's many restaurants, and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at one of the many bakeries and shops lining the waterfront.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tulip Town, 15002 Bradshaw Rd, Mount Vernon, WA 98273-8737
After lunch, we'll be energized and ready for more tulip viewing. This time, we'll stop into Tulip Town, the second tulip viewing area in the Skagit Valley. At Tulip Town, you will also skip-the-line and head directly into the tulip viewing area. In addition to the expansive tulip viewing areas, Tulip Town also has a delightful gift shop featuring local artists' work and locally crafted keepsakes. You will have approximately 1.5 hours to view and enjoy the Tulip Town display area.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tulip Valley Winery, 16163 State Route 536, Mount Vernon, WA 98273-3285
Last, we'll stop at a local winery where we'll treat you to a complimentary wine tasting flight, local cheeses and organic bread. On sunny days, we'll sit outside looking across the fields toward the mountains in the distance, enjoying wine and snacks.
Your guide (and designated driver!) will take the group back to Seattle and drop you off directly at your downtown hotel. Depending on traffic, we'll get back to Seattle at about 5:00pm.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, 311 W Kincaid St, Mount Vernon, WA 98273-4219
With a knowledgeable local guide and driver, enjoy stress-free door-to-door transportation from Seattle. Learn about the region's fascinating geology and tulip production history we escape the city, with snow-capped mountains coming into view on clear days. Skip-the-lines to access the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival's magnificent fields at Roozengaarde and Tulip Town, avoiding the crowds. Stroll through La Conner, a charming seaside town where you'll have lunch at one of many cafes and restaurants. Before returning to Seattle, visit a local winery where you'll enjoy a complimentary glass of award-winning wine accompanied by a selection of organic cheese, bread and delicious charcuterie.
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adults who intend to partake in the wine tasting should bring a valid state or federal ID
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Apart from time in transit, we will be spending much of our day outdoors, so please come prepared for the weather. Weather in the Pacific Northwest can change rapidly and is highly localized. This tour will depart rain or shine, so please come dressed accordingly.
- The tulip fields can get very muddy after the rain, particularly in early April. We strongly recommend wearing or bringing a pair of rain boots. You're welcome to bring a clean pair of shoes to change into for our ride back to Seattle. Boots can be stored in the vehicle's rear storage compartment.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- The tulip festival and our tours run every day during the month of April. Weekends can get very busy--particularly Easter Sunday (4/12/20). Weekdays tend to be more relaxed and the number of visitors is just a fraction of the weekend volume.
- The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival spans the whole month of April. Peak bloom will occur some time during the month. At every time of the month, there will be tulips to see--it just depends on how many. Peak bloom--the period when the early, middle and late bloomers overlap--typically lasts about a week to 10 days. Daffodils are often-overlooked in the Skagit Valley. Daffodils "peak" at the end of March or the very beginning of April. By mid-April, the daffodils will have dried up and they are nothing but green stems toward the end of the month. If you love daffodils, come early!
- We pick up from all hotels, AirBnB’s, and vacation rentals in downtown Seattle. Pick up times in downtown Seattle are typically between 7:25am-7:45am. Once you make a booking, please contact us to confirm your pick up location. We will contact you at least 1 day before your tour to give you an individual pick-up window.
- Tea, coffee and hot chocolate are provided to kids and to anyone else who doesn't plan to drink wine. Anyone under 21 is counted as a “child” and receives a discounted price on this tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Door-to-Door downtown Seattle Hotel Pick-Up and Drop-Off service
- Skip-the-line" access to Tulip Town and Roozengaarde tulip viewing areas
- 90 minute stop for lunch in La Conner (lunch not included)
- Local wine, artisan cheese and organic bread tasting (adults 21 and over)
- 1.5-2 hours at Roozengaarde + 1-1.5 hours at Tulip Town
- Entry/Admission - Roozengaarde Display Garden
- Entry/Admission - Tulip Town
- Entry/Admission - Tulip Valley Winery
- Entry/Admission - Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Cost of Lunch
Traveler pickup is offered
We generally pick up from all hotels in and around downtown Seattle beginning at about 7:30am. If you're not staying within this area, please meet us at the Hyatt Regency Seattle (808 Howell St. As we usually have multiple pick-ups each morning, your individual pick-up time may slightly vary, either before or after 7:30am.
Once we receive your booking, we will be in touch to confirm your pick-up location. If you have any questions about whether or not we will be able to pick you up, please contact Viator/TripAdvisor customer support. As a courtesy to other guests, please be prepared to depart at your designated pick-up time and place.
We will depart the Skagit Valley area by approximately 3:30pm. Depending on traffic, we typically begin dropping guests off at downtown Seattle locations by approximately 5:00pm. Your individual drop-off time may be slightly before or after that time depending on how many stops we need to make. Drop-offs are made in the order that makes the most sense from a traffic perspective.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Nature Nuts Adventure Travel, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.