This full-day private tour is the best way to see the most of Mt. Rainier in a single day: combine an epic helicopter flight across this rugged landscape with a guided alpine hike. Take the most “scenic route” possible on a 35-minute flight between Seattle and Mt. Rainier. On the ground at Mt. Rainier, your naturalist guide will walk you through alpine terrain that you glimpsed from the air. Enjoy a delicious catered picnic lunch before returning to Seattle. Put this trip of a lifetime on your bucket list!
-Fly between Seattle & Mt. Rainier on an exclusive helicopter flight
-Stroll through stunning sub-alpine terrain above 6,000’, coming face-to-face with Mt. Rainier’s largest glaciers.
-Boutique excursion limited to just up to 6 guests.
-Take incredible bird’s-eye view photos of the wild landscape below you.
-A delicious picnic lunch surrounded by nature awaits you.
-Join the only tour company to offer this exclusive combo experience.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Space Needle, 400 Broad Street, Seattle, WA 98109-4607
Get a chance to glimpse Seattle's famous Space Needle from the air during your helicopter flight between Seattle and Mt. Rainier.
Pass By: Seattle Waterfront, Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101
View the Seattle waterfront from the air during your helicopter flight between Seattle and Mt. Rainier.
Stop At: Snoqualmie Falls, 6501 Railroad Ave SE, Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9687
Your full day incredible Mount Rainier helicopter flight and hiking combo tour is divided into three parts: 35-minute helicopter flight, 4-hour ground tour with naturalist walk, private vehicle transport, and a catered meal. This tour is available for a morning or afternoon departure. Both tours include all of the same incredible experiences.
In a 4-seater Robinson R44 or 7-seater Airbus H130, you'll soar over the Mt. Rainier Wilderness, getting up close with peaks, glaciers, waterfalls and thundering rivers that would take days of strenuous hiking to reach from the ground. Between Mt. Rainier and Seattle, your pilot will even take you on a close flyby of Snoqualmie Falls and you'll glide over the Cascade foothills' lakes, rivers and dense forests. You'll enjoy incredible photography opportunities with a bird's eye view of all of this stunning scenery. On the clearest days, you'll also catch glimpses of Mt. Baker, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, and even Mt. Hood in Oregon--5 of the greatest Pacific Northwest Peaks in a day! As you fly along, your expert pilot will point out the sites and maneuver the helicopter to offer the best views.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Sunrise Visitor Center, Mount Rainier National Park, WA
Embark on a guided alpine hiking experience at the Sunrise area of Mt. Rainier National Park.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Rainier National Park, 39000 State Rt 706 E, Ashford, WA
Once on the ground at a secluded location surrounded by plunging valleys, your ground tour guide will take you to experience the best of the National Park that you won't get to see from the helicopter: walk through a towering old growth forest, gaze across wildflower fields that burst with color in the summer sun, and feel the cool spray of mist from crashing waterfalls.
You'll learn about the mountain's geologic history, diverse climate and stunning glaciology. On a moderate hike, you'll breath in the freshest mountain air and search for wildlife in the forest and sub-alpine slopes. Stopping frequently to marvel at the scenery around us, countless photography opportunities await you around each bend in the trail. Best of all, you'll share this experience with a tiny group of just up to 5 other guests. The ground tour combines travel on foot and via private vehicle along the Park's roads.
We want you to eat well during your full day excursion with us. Your tour with us includes a delicious, beautifully catered meal in the midst of Mt. Rainier's natural splendor. Guests joining our morning tour will enjoy lunch in the Park before departing back to Seattle via helicopter. Guests arriving via helicopter in the afternoon will be treated to a full afternoon tea and canapés before returning to Seattle via private ground transport.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The individual passenger weight limit per seat is 300 lbs (136 kg). If you are over 300 lbs, we regrettably will not be able to take you on this tour due to aircraft specifications.
- Small private groups up to 3 passengers will fly in a Robinson R44 helicopter and large private groups up to 6 passengers will fly in an Airbus H130 helicopter.
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel the tour or make modifications to the tour itinerary due to road closures, hazardous driving conditions, hazardous flying conditions, unforeseen mechanical concerns occurring to vehicles or aircraft or other factors beyond its control that could make completing the tour hazardous or impossible.
- Morning Tour guests who have begun their tour and completed the ground portion of the tour but who cannot be picked up at Mt. Rainier by helicopter due to poor weather, poor visibility, or other unforeseen factors will receive a partial refund equivalent to 70% of their total tour cost. The remaining 30% of the tour cost will be applied toward the cost of the ground portion of the tour. In the event that guests on our Morning Tour are unable to return to Seattle via helicopter, these guests will be driven back to Seattle via private ground transport.
- Weather in the mountains changes very quickly and is variable throughout the year. If the sun is out and we are walking, it can quickly get warm and a t-shirt is comfortable. If the sun goes behind a cloud and the wind picks up, it can get very chilly. Spring (May-June) and Fall (September-October) temperatures are often in the 40s-50s but can be as high as the 60s and 70s. Summer temperatures (July-August) are generally warm in the 70s-80s, but daily temperature fluctuation is common with early mornings in the 50s and late afternoons warming up to the mid 80s. If we are expecting unseasonably warm or cool temperatures, we will reach out to you via phone or e-mail about two days prior to your tour.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Guests on early and late season tours (May to June or September to October) are advised to bring an additional insulating layer. During cooler weather, a generally good rule of thumb is to bring one more layer than you think is necessar
- While we won’t be doing any intense hikes, please wear shoes that are comfortable to walk over uneven ground on and provide ankle support. Many people find that sneakers are adequate, but a sturdy sole with good traction is essential.
- Your tour includes a full lunch and a selection of beverages. If you have any food allergies or particular dietary requirements, please be sure to inform the supplier via phone call or e-mail after you've made a reservation. If you have particular dietary needs and would like to discuss them, please get in touch with us via phone or e-mail and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- One-way 35-minute flight between Seattle & Mt. Rainier.
- 4 hour ground tour with a guided alpine hiking experience in Mt. Rainier National Park
- Gourmet picnic lunch included for all guests amidst the Mt. Rainier wilderness.
- Ground transportation included for your group, one-way between Seattle & Mt. Rainier
- Use of adjustable trekking poles, binoculars and wildlife spotting scope
- Entry/Admission - Snoqualmie Falls
- Entry/Admission - Sunrise Visitor Center
- Entry/Admission - Mount Rainier National Park
- Gratuities for pilot and guide (recommended)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Transportation from Boeing Field to downtown Seattle (the drive is approximately 10 minutes)
- Transportation from downtown Seattle to Boeing Field (the drive is approximately 10 minutes)
7 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Nature Nuts Adventure Travel, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.