Experience the beauty and thrills of rafting in Utah during a full-day trip on the Westwater Canyon section of the Colorado River. Get an adrenaline rush as expert guides take you through rapids like Marble Canyon, Sock-It-To-Me, Funnel Falls and Skull, then relax and take in the scenery during calm water sections with rest breaks at riverside beaches. The stunning red rock canyon scenery combined with Class III and IV white-water provides an unforgettable outdoor experience suitable for adventurous people who love a challenge.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: NAVTEC Expeditions - Day Tours, 321 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532-2344
Get started in the morning after making your way to the office in central Moab. Meet your guide for a safety orientation, then get outfitted with a lifejacket and other necessary gear. A van transfers you to the put-in site on the river where your guide gives a safety briefing and paddle lesson. Then step into your boat, push off from the bank and start down the Westwater Canyon section of the Colorado River.
Pass By: Colorado River, Utah
Your full-day rafting trip through Westwater Canyon provides both challenging white water and stunning scenery. Raft through 12 Class III and IV rapids including Funnel Falls, Skull and Sock It To Me. Your expert guide rows your oarboat through the rapids while you hang on and enjoy the thrills and splashes. On most trips, paddleboats are also available and participants help power the raft while following directions from the guide. Between bouncy white-water sections, take in the stunning scenery of the canyon.
Pass By: Westwater Canyon, Utah
The Westwater Canyon formed when the Colorado River cut across an ancient mountain range, the water channeling through hard rock to create the narrow canyon. Learn about the geology of the area from your guide, as well as its history and wildlife. You may see petroglyphs as well as remnants of the wild west such as old mining cabins and even an outlaw’s grave. Look for bald eagles roosting in old-growth cottonwood trees, river otters playing in the eddies and beavers slapping their tails.
Pass By: Moab, Moab, Utah
At noon your guide steers you to shore for a delicious buffet lunch on a riverside beach. Have time to rest in the shade, snap pictures and soak up the canyon’s beauty. Once you're refreshed, hit the river again for more fun. At the end of an exciting day of rafting, your guide returns you to Moab.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking; minimum weight requirement is 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Inflatable kayaks are available upon request at no charge, please provide the request in the special requirements field at the time of booking
- Please note, prior to departure, all travelers will be required to sign a liability release
- Minimum age is 8 years
- It is recommended to bring: Sturdy footwear, quick dry clothing, spring or fall rain suit, swimsuit or fast drying shorts, sun screen, lip balm, hat and a camera (preferably waterproof)
- Camping gear can be rented from the tour operator at an additional cost
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Professional guide
- Quality buffet-style lunch
- Water and lemonade
- All required rafting equipment
- Coast Guard-approved life jackets, river bags and camera box
- Ground transportation from departure location to the river put-in and return
- Soft drinks (you are welcome to bring your own)
Navtec Expeditions, 321 N Main St, Moab, UT 84532, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the NAVTEC Expeditions in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.