Discover the history of New Orleans through its architecture! On this 2-hour Garden District tour, you'll learn about Antebellum New Orleans while admiring the exquisite mansions. Enjoy a leisurely stroll with a passionate, professional guide to explore the many building styles prevalent in this neighborhood, ranging from Greek Revival, Italianate, and Victorian. Hear the stories of the 19th century architects and families who made their mark on this historic area, and see the homes of former and current celebrities.
Also included in this tour is a short stop into Lafayette Cemetery where visitors learn about the fascinating local above-ground burial customs. Starting with a brief introduction to the history of New Orleans Cemeteries, visitors will be treated to a discussion of the various styles and types of tombs seen in this cemetery. Your group will be no more than 25 people. Choose between 3 different departures, please see availability.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lafayette Cemetery No.1, Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
A small segment of the tour focuses on the unique burial customs in New Orleans. (Please note that entrance to the cemetery is permitted by the City of New Orleans, and it may be closed when services are being performed.)
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Commander's Palace, 1403 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
A discussion about Commander's Palace includes the architecture of the building, the history of the owners, and highlights of the culinary experience awaiting guests.
Duration: 3 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- When booking for Saturday, please advise what time you
- would like to request - 10:45am or 1:45pm
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Licensed, Insured, Local Guide - with extensive knowledge of the area.
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entry/Admission - Commander's Palace
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Orleans Architecture Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.