This walking and tasting tour of the French Quarter will immerse you in the history of New Orleans and how its unique cuisine evolved. We tour select historic restaurants and discuss their culinary contributions - including the two oldest (Antoine's and Tujague's, established in 1840 and 1856. respectively. You will learn to appreciate the differences between Cajun and Creole cuisine, and will hear of the varied ethnic influences that contribute to New Orleans Cuisine.
One of the great joys of travel is exploring the local culture with the benefit of local insight. Locally owned and operated we know the very best way for visitors to sample some of the finest cuisine New Orleans has to offer.
About This Deal
Starting in the heart of the French Quarter, we will eat, talk and walk our way through our city's most historic neighborhood while we learn about the cultural influences that created our distinctive Creole cuisine. As we visit select restaurants and establishments, you will sample a variety of New Orleans' most iconic dishes such as Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Remoulade, Turtle Soup, and Red Beans and Rice while learning their origins. Hear about the strong Sicilian influence too while enjoying a sample of a Muffuletta Sandwich served with Cannoli and Gelato. Enjoy melt in your mouth Beef Brisket with Creole Horseradish Sauce that has been served at Tujague's for over 100 years! And when you're full, you can save your Praline from Leah's for an evening sweet treat. More than a food tour, this is the best of New Orleans' history and culinary history combined!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions (please dress for the occasion)
- Moderate amount of walking, wear comfortable shoes
- Be sure to let us know of any dietary restrictions you may have
- While we try to accommodate for dietary needs, we cannot guarantee what the restaurants have available.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- All food samplings
- Professional licensed tour guides
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase along the way)
- Gratuities (optional) but are greatly appreciated
Tujague's, 823 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Arnaud's, 813 Bienville St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Orleans Culinary History Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.