Take an entertaining and informative cooking class at the New Orleans School of Cooking! Located in a renovated molasses warehouse built in the early 1800s, this cooking class brings you to the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Learn the basics of Louisiana cooking from professional chefs and learn how to make classic New Orleans specialties such as gumbo, jambalaya and pralines. Enjoy the finished delectable dishes accompanied by complimentary beer, iced tea and coffee, and take the recipes home with you!
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
Food is considered one of the defining elements of Louisiana’s culture, and there's no better way to experience New Orleans than to taste it! During your New Orleans cooking demonstration class, embark on a sensory journey in the kitchen to discover Louisiana's rich tapestry of culinary influences -- French, Spanish, Native American, African and Indian -- as they blend into modern- day Cajun and Creole cuisine.
Your cooking experts will demonstrate how to prepare classic New Orleans specialties such as gumbo, jambalaya and pralines, and will season them with history, trivia and tall tales. Learn the basics of Louisiana cooking and discover the array of spices used in this unique cuisine.
Enjoy generous samplings of the demonstrated items, as well as complimentary coffee, iced tea and beer. At the end of the class, take home the recipes to show off your new skills to your friends and family!
• New Orleans School of Cooking, 524 St. Louis Street, New Orleans, LA 70130-2118
• French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
• Corn and Crab Bisque
• Shrimp or Chicken Creole
• Crawfish Etoufee
• Bread Pudding
• Bananas Foster
• Pecan Pie
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This is a demonstration class only; there is no hands-on training
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 34 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- Some dishware is disposable. Beer now served in cans instead of shared pitchers. Staff will be wearing face shields. There are designated standing areas.
- New Orleans cooking demonstration class
- Generous sampling of all items
- Coffee, iced tea and beer
- $5 fee payable on site for special requests due to dietary restrictions
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New Orleans School of Cooking in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings