What You'll Get
You'll get more than just a taste of a traditional Thanksgiving in the USA when you experience the holiday in New York City - of course, centered around the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
The day before Thanksgiving, you'll board a deluxe motorcoach at 10am for a tour of the fashionable Upper West Side and a visit inside the largest Gothic cathedral in New York, St. John the Divine. Once inside you'll marvel at its spectacular columns, beautiful stained glass and 7 smaller chapels dedicated to and designed for the immigrants that populated New York City. Then we'll reboard our motorcoach and continue to the Balloon Inflation Area where the parade begins to take shape. You'll watch as the gigantic balloons, which have become the signature for the parade, begin to take shape. It's a great photo opportunity as such parade icons as Spider-Man, Snoopy, Frosty, and even Santa himself, are filled with helium.
Your guide will help you navigate the approximately 1/2 mile circumference of the area and make sure you know where your return transportation is located. After about an hour the motorcoach will depart for Midtown, arriving around 2pm. If you'd like to stay at the Balloon Inflation Area your guide will give you instructions on how to take the subway back.
Thursday morning is Thanksgiving, and the main event for most Americans is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. You'll enjoy a pre-parade breakfast just half a block from the 6th Avenue parade route. You can then walk the short distance to watch the balloons, floats and bands as they make their way down the Avenue - with the added bonus of being able to retreat to a warm place to pause, get a hot beverage, and access a restroom before heading back out to the parade. NOTE: There is no view of the parade from inside the restaurant.
Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without a traditional turkey dinner, so you'll be a guest at an NYC-infused repast to enjoy the dinner and all the "fixins".
Dinner Menu includes:
* Roasted Parsnip & Vanilla Soup
* Salad Station
* Cold Cut & Artisanal cheese Station
* Chilled Seafood Station - Gulf shrimp, Catskill Smoked Salmon, Seafood Pot Pie
* Carving Station - Herb and salt crusted Black Angus Rib-Eye; Dry-Brined Turkey with Classic Herbed Butter
* Entrees & Sides - Seared Atlantic Salmon, Roast Turkey Breast, Pumpkin Fettucini Alfredo, Green Bean Casserole, Cranberry-Orange Sauce, Apple-Cider Gravy, Sourdough-Mushroom-Chestnut-Bacon Dressing, Roasted vegetables, Baked Mashed Potatoes
* Desserts - Pumpkin pie, apple tart, cheesecake, key lime pie, pecan pie.
After dessert your host will accompany you to the waiting motorcoach for a tour of the magical holiday window displays at such NYC icons as Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor, Saks 5th Avenue, Barney's and Bergdorf Goodman.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Upper West Side and Balloon Inflation Tour
- Pre-parade breakfast
- Thanksgiving dinner
- Holiday Lights Tour
- Live commentary on board motorcoach
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
New York City
- Specific departure locations for each tour available after purchase
Uptown Tour and Balloon Inflation: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 10am (check-in 15-30 minutes prior. All pertinent documents and instructions will be issued at that time)
Pre-Parade Breakfast: Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 7:45am
Thanksgiving Dinner: Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 4pm
Holiday Lights Tour: Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 6:30pm
Tour concludes at 810 7th Avenue on Thursday, November 23 at approximately 10pm following the Holiday Lights Tour
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the New York City Vacation Packages in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.