The North Point Lighthouse and Museum is a beautifully restored landmark and museum located between two ravines in picturesque Lake Park on Milwaukee's historic East Side. It is one of the city’s oldest structures and features a 74-foot tower and Queen Anne-style keeper's quarters. Museum exhibits and artifacts tell the history and stories about Milwaukee's lighthouses, the keepers who maintained them, and Great Lakes maritime industry.
Built in 1888, the unique octagonal lighthouse guided a bustling maritime trade on the Great Lakes for almost 100 years. When Frederick Law Olmsted, architect of New York City’s iconic Central Park, was commissioned to design Lake Park, he built the grand Lion Bridges to join the north and south sections of the park—placing the North Point Lighthouse in the middle as the park’s crown jewel.
North Point Lighthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Lighthouses and the National Register of Historic Places.
About This Deal
Visit: North Point Lighthouse, 2650 N Wahl Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53211-3860
Discover how the lighthouse served the Great Lakes maritime industry. See artifacts and exhibits about the ships that sailed Lake Michigan. Learn about the keepers who maintained the lighthouse. Climb the 74-foot tall tower for a spectacular 360° view of Lake Park, Lake Michigan and downtown Milwaukee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Students with a valid ID are eligible for child rate. Must show ID upon arrival.
- Active military and veterans are free. Must show ID upon arrival.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gallery capacity is 50 people. If capacity is reached, additional visitors will be asked to wait outside until entry is allowed.
- Entrance ticket
- Entry/Admission - North Point Lighthouse
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
North Point Lighthouse, 2650 N Wahl Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53211-3860
1/6/2019 - 12/31/2021
|Saturday - Sunday:||01:00 PM - 04:00 PM|
1 to 3 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the North Point Lighthouse Friends Inc in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.