What You'll Get
Head to the town of Haleiwa, roughly a 1-hour drive from Waikiki on Oahu’s North Shore, home to some of the world’s premier surfing competitions. With gentle, rideable waves away from the crowds, the region promises 1- to 2-foot (.3- to .6-meter) swells — perfect for beginners.
After meeting your licensed instructor, slip on your reef shoes and rash guard (life jackets and wetsuits are also provided). Then start your detailed lesson on land at Haleiwa Beach Park, learning the basics of paddling and how to stand up and catch a wave. With only one or two other students sharing your instructor, you’ll receive plenty of personalized instruction before taking your surfboard into the water where comfortable temps average 74 degrees F (23.3 C).
In a protected cove, safe from larger ocean breaks, you’re guided onto gentle waves by your instructor, who stays by your side the entire time and tailors the experience to your skill level. Most likely you’ll succeed in standing up during your first surf lesson, and possibly even catch waves by yourself after some coaching.
You have several options available for a 2-hour morning, midday or afternoon surf session:
- Small-group lesson limited to three students per instructor; ages 8 and older
- Semi-private lesson limited to two students per instructor; no age restriction
- Private family lesson limited to three students per instructor; no age restriction
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years for the small-group lesson
- Use of equipment (e.g. reef shoes, surfboard, leash, long-sleeved rash guard)
- Use of wetsuit and life jacket
- Experienced lifeguard- and CPR-certified instructor
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the North Shore Surf Girls - Surf School in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.