This tour will be provided by a local that has lived in Harlem for 70 years, have seen and known the transformation that Harlem has gone through since 1950, this Guide shook the hand of Fidel Castro in 1967, when he decided to stay amongst his people in Harlem, Theresa Hotel on West 125th St and 7th Ave. Also, this three-hour walking tour, learn about the diverse ethnic and cultural history of Harlem. Starting with the Dutch in 1658, and followed by the Irish, Italian, Spanish, Eastern European Jews, and African Americans, many ethnic cultures have flocked to Harlem over the centuries. African American culture still dominates the highly gentrified and sophisticated neighborhood, and many legendary celebrities have made a deep impression here. See the famed Apollo Theater, the Studio Museum; hear stories of the Harlem Renaissance; learn about giant creative figures like Duke Ellington, Paul Robeson, Langston Hughes, Ella Fitzgerald, Malcolm X, Frederic Douglass and more.
About This Deal
Visit: Harlem, 110th to 150th streets, New York City, NY
This tour will be provided by a Local Resident (Bleeker Williams) Starts @ 145th St and St Nicholas Ave on the border of SugarHill & Hamilton Heights property once owned by the First Treasurer of The United States of America. the Guide has lived in Harlem for 70 years, have seen and known the transformation that Harlem has gone through since 1950, this Guide even shook the hand of Fidel Castro in 1967 when he visited NYC for the United Nation Conference and refuse to say downtown, but decided to stay amongst his people in Harlem at the Theresa Hotel at West 125th St and 7th Ave
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Harlem
- Subway Metro-Card
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the NYC GoGreen Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.