Explore the nooks and crannies of this scenic ocean coastline and check out the marine life on nearby islets. This relaxing and fun tour will bring you along historic Oak Bay’s coastline. With the Olympic Mountains to the south and Gulf Islands and San Juan Islands to the east, there is always a vista that will take your breath away. Oak Bay features pristine kayaking on southern Vancouver Island. On a clear night, on our evening tour, look way up and be amazed by the Milky Way.
Our qualified guides will give you more than just a paddle, they will give you an experience to be remembered!
What You'll Get
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
• After meeting and greeting your guide and other tour members, you will be provided with a paddling orientation, which will include the features of the kayak, personal paddling equipment, group safety protocol, and the strokes that will make paddling and maneuvering the kayak enjoyable.
• Entering the waters of Oak Bay with the scenic vistas of the Olympic Mountains and Mt. Baker as our backdrop, we will explore along the rocky coastline beyond Willows Beach and Mary Tod Island. Depending on tides and weather conditions, we will venture out to the Harbour Seal rookeries where various species of sea birds can also observed, or even reach Jemmy Jones Island, where cormorants can be spotted.
• Making our return to the Oak Bay Marina, your guide can share stories of the unique natural and cultural history of the Oak Bay area, as you keep an eye out in the water for several species of jellyfish and the shoreline for river otters, herons, and intertidal life. The tour tour concludes at 1:00 pm, back at the Oak Bay Paddle Shack. Check out the marina’s great cafe or restaurant for lunch!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Kayaking requires some upper body strength and endurance
- Children aged 10–15 years must be accompanied by an adult; children aged 3–9 years must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Guide, kayaks, and all paddling equipment included
Oak Bay Marina, Oak Bay, BC V8S, Canada
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ocean River Adventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.