Combine unparalleled views of the Hawaiian coastline from a stable and spacious catamaran with the biggest guests of all -- the Humpback Whales -- and you have perfect way to begin your evening in paradise! Cruise along the Kohala on a well appointed power or sailing catamaran. Also includes unlimited tropical juice, soft drinks, and a selection of beer and wine, and individually wrapped bar snacks. If you'd like, you can bring your own alcoholic beverages aboard...we'll keep them icy cold for you till you're ready for them! The on-board naturalist will provide interpretation of the whales behaviors -- great fun -- great photo ops!
Please note: This Cruise departs either from Anaeho'omalu Bay at the Waikoloa Beach Resort, OR, Kawaihae Harbor.
WE'LL BE DEPARTING FROM ANAEHO'OMALU BAY ONLY THRU 1/8/2022
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ocean Sports Cruises, Waikoloa, Island of Hawaii, HI
Check in at the Ocean Sports Beach Hut for your cruise.
Pass By: Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii, HI
fter checking in at the Ocean Sports Beach Hut at Anaeho'omalu Bay, you'll access the tender boat ramp by walking through the water at the shoreline (depending on wind and sea conditions, you may be walking through knee deep water, but there will be crew available to assist you). The tender boat pulls right alongside the legendary sailing catamaran, and you walk up three short steps to board (again, the crew will assist you).
Once on-board, you'll be offered a tropical cocktail or soft drink as you familiarize yourself with the catamaran and the seating areas in the cabin and on deck. Besides the bench seating, you'l find two large netted trampolines (perfect for lounging) on the bow. Going aft, you'll find bench seating along the cabin and at the stern of the boat.
As you get underway, the USCG licensed captain will introduce you to the boat and the crew, and provide a short safety orientation. An assortment of cold pupu (appetizers) are available throughout the cruise, A complimentary bar is open for the duration of the charter featuring tropical cocktails, a short bar, local beers on tap, red and white wines, and soft drinks.
As you leave the bay, the crew will pull the sails, and you'll begin the search for spouts and splashes from the Humpback Whales. The on board naturalist will be available to answer all your Humpback Whale questions and also provide interpretation of the whales' behaviors. The captain will maneuver the vessel to provide you with the best views (and best photo ops) of the whales. This local operator is proud to follow the federal regulations protecting the Humpbacks. They will not approach a Humpback closer than 100 yards or maneuver the vessel in any way that might alter the behavior of the whales. If the weather permits, the captain will stop the vessel and deploy the underwater hydrophone so that you can hear the haunting songs of the Humpback Whales too!
Throughout the cruise, you can help yourself to appetizers (though the friendly crew will be happy to bring them to you -- as well as refresh your beverages). Watch for the "green flash" as the sun sets over the horizon! Your captain will turn the boat and head back into the bay, securing the vessel on the mooring 90 minutes after the departure time. Deboarding the catamaran is as easy as boarding, and you'll take the tender boat back to shore..
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Unlimited soft drinks and tropical juices, beers and wine
- Live commentary on board
- Professional crew
- Alcoholic Beverages - We'll supply a selection of beer and wine, and you can bring your own alcoholic beverages aboard toowe'll keep them icy cold till you're ready for them!
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Ocean Sports in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.