There’s no better way to experience the history and grandeur of Mission Santa Barbara than with a self-guided or docent-led tour. You will view magnificent architecture, lush gardens, the beautiful historic Church, and a recently renovated 11-room Museum, showcasing artifacts, paintings, and a selection of exhibits that help tell the Mission story in relation to California history. After your tour, be sure to visit the Serra Shop, Santa Barbara’s best kept secret for souvenirs, jewelry, accessories, religious gifts, Mission label wine and locally sourced olive oil, handcrafted home décor, and more! You can even bring a picnic lunch and relax in our picnic area or in the beautiful Mission Rose Garden while taking in breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean.
About This Deal
Visit: Old Mission Santa Barbara, 2201 Laguna St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105-3611
Established on the Feast of Saint Barbara, December 4, 1786, the Santa Barbara Mission was the tenth of twenty-one California Missions to be founded by the Spanish Franciscans.
The Mission continues to be the chief cultural and historic landmark in the city of Santa Barbara. More than 200 years later, it is still the home to a community of Franciscan friars and has a large and active parish.
During your visit you can expect to see magnificent architecture of the church facade and convento, the breathtaking Mission church with its colonial-era art and sculptures and an eleven-room museum, including:
• Chumash Room featuring Native American artifacts, along with traditional crafts and tools
• Re-creation of a 17th century kitchen with original 1790’s adobe wall and 1805 front stone wall
• Trades room with agricultural, blacksmithing, and weaving tools, as well as historical mission-era photos
• Treasures room with the beautiful original Chumash altar
Explore the historic Cemetery and Mausoleum which contain the remains of Native Americans, early settlers, and the Lone Woman of San Nicolas Island, as well as twelve acres of beautifully landscaped gardens featuring plants that are representative of the Mission era (1769-1836),
Docent tours are available first come first served Monday through Friday at 11:00 am, Saturday at 10:30 am, and Sunday at 12:30 pm. Approximately 1 hour long. Private tours can also be reserved.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not all areas are wheelchair accessible.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Free parking
- Entry/Admission - Old Mission Santa Barbara
- 60- and 90-minute docent tours are available for an additional fee
2201 Laguna St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
1 to 3 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Old Mission Santa Barbara, Inc. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.