Hurricane Ridge is considered the crown jewel of Olympic National Park for its unparalleled access to sweeping views of the interior Olympic Mountain range. During our 3-4 hour guided tour, our group will go from sea-level in Port Angeles to 5,242 feet elevation at the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center on a scenic 45 minute van tour up the mountain. Atop the ridge, guests have the option to join our Olympic Hiking Co. guide on a 1-2 mile guided hiking tour on nearby hiking trails or explore on their own. On a clear day, Hurricane Ridge viewpoints provide phenomenal views of the Olympic Mountains, forested river valleys, and Strait of Juan De Fuca.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hurricane Ridge Visitors Center, 3002 Mt Angeles Rd, Olympic National Park, WA
This tour begins with a drive from sea-level in Port Angeles to 5,242 feet elevation at the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center. During the 45 minute drive, guests will see the terrain transition from a lush temperate forest to subalpine terrain. Depending on the mountain weather forecast, guests will enjoy sweeping views of the Olympic Mountains, forested river valleys, and Strait of Juan De Fuca. Upon arrival, 20-30 minutes will be allocated to explore the Visitor Center viewpoints and enjoy a picnic lunch if guests purchased one.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hurricane Ridge, Olympic National Park, WA
After lunch, our naturalist hiking guide will lead a 2-3 mile roundtrip guided hike from the Visitor Center toward Mount Angeles as time permits. These trails navigate through the ever-changing subalpine meadows and provide sweeping vistas of the Olympic Mountains and river valleys on a clear day.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Olympic Hiking Co. operates the tour rain or shine. Cancellations due to weather not permitted.
- Mountain weather forecast can be unpredictable, please bring extra clothing as a precaution
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Meet-up location: Port Angeles Visitor Center 121 E Railroad Ave, Port Angeles, WA 98362
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- State and Local Retail Sales Tax
- Certified and trained naturalist hiking guide
- Narration throughout the tour
- Roundtrip transportation in spacious, modern 15 passenger van
- Optional 1-2 mile guided hiking tour
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Hurricane Ridge Visitors Center
- Entry/Admission - Hurricane Ridge
Port Angeles Visitor Center, 121 E Railroad Ave, Port Angeles, WA 98362, USA
4 to 5 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Olympic Hiking Co. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.