Welcome to our Winter Park neighborhood on this beautiful day! While many well-known celebrities have passed through this storied village over its rich history, probably no one impacted, and was impacted by, Winter Park more than Fred McFeely Rogers, lovingly known the world over to millions of people as the unforgettable host of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood for over 50 years now.
Come along on our Mister Rogers Walking Tour as we visit the heart of town where Fred and his lifetime sweetheart, Sara Joanne Byrd Rogers, fell in love while in college and spent many years later in life. You’ll learn the fascinating story of how this humble man from Latrobe, PA connected with Winter Park and began a lifetime ministry of service.
Walk in the same places that Fred and Joanne did through different seasons of their life, and then wrap your visit up with a one-hour boat tour of Winter Park, passing by some of the places that you visited by land and others further away from the walking tour!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Winter Park, Winter Park, Florida
On this fascinating Winter Park history tour, you’ll learn why this picturesque village became (and still is!) a mecca for wealthy businessmen, politicians, celebrities and their families over the years, as you wander along with the shops, restaurants, and historic buildings along Park Avenue, the thriving center of town. Wandering under the treed canopies and passing European-styled cafés, we’ll recount the personal stories of this Central Florida treasure and share the intriguing history behind the walls you see.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Scenic Boat Tour, 312 E Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789, USA
After visiting a number of Mister Rogers' sites, this tour concludes with an additional boat tour of several Winter Park lakes and canals, including a cruise by Rollins College and the home that Fred lived in while he was a student at the school. You'll also see soaring mansions and native wildlife on this relaxing close to your tour.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- 90 Minute – 2 Hour Guided Walking Tour in the Winter Park Footsteps of Fred Rogers.
- 1 Hour Cruise Along the Canals and Lakes of Winter Park.
- Stories about Winter Park and Rollins College, important places to the Rogers.
- Legendary tales of Mister Rogers’ time in Winter Park as a student and humble TV celebrity.
- 10% discount for your next Original Orlando Tours adventure (valid for 30 days).
- Earn SUNNY PERKS REWARDS.
- Entry/Admission - Scenic Boat Tour
1 hour 30 minutes
312 E Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Original Orlando Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.