The Battleship IOWA Museum Los Angeles an award-winning interactive tour and activity aboard the nation's last class of battleships .Your museum adventure highlights life at sea through innovating and engaging exhibits and tours. Download our FREE tour app (available in 7 languages) to experience augmented reality, videos, and special tours aboard this historic icon. Children can follow our clever mascot dog named Victory on a popular scavenger hunt. Regardless of age, there is something for all to experience aboard the Battleship IOWA. The Battleship IOWA is located on the LA Waterfront with a backdrop of the Nation's busiest port complex, the Port of Los Angeles. There is no better place in the Western Hemisphere to see active cargo ship traffic and cargo movement.
Battleship USS IOWA Extended Experience which includes the Lost at Sea exhibit with Dr. Robert Ballard, Alfa Romeo Tango Art exhibit, Laundry Area, Brig, Tailor Shop, and Barber Shop.
What You'll Get
Visit: Battleship USS Iowa Museum, 250 S Harbor Blvd San Pedro, Los Angeles, CA 90731-2830
Head to the easily accessible Los Angeles waterfront in San Pedro and use your ticket to tour the Battleship USS Iowa Museum. Designed to stop wars, not start them, the USS Iowa served the US for more than 50 years and was known as the “Battleship of Presidents.” See where Roosevelt stayed and planned WWII strategy in the stately captain's cabin — complete with the only bathtub on a US Navy ship built specifically for a president.
At this family-friendly attraction, discover the evolution of this flagship of the fleet, which boasts a new role today as an interactive classroom. Via film footage and exhibits, you'll see the Battleship USS Iowa as her former crews saw her. Wander the same wooden decks and bridges, and explore the iconic ship’s interior spaces where elite Navy sailors performed their duties during the Korean War and the Cold War.
Witness the battleship's big guns and Tomahawk and Harpoon missiles, see the crew quarters, and learn more about life at sea from onboard tour guides — many of whom are US Navy veterans. Kids can even participate in a fun scavenger hunt to find the ship’s mascot.
Tour this vast ship — the West Coast's only battleship open to the public — at your own pace. You'll find much to educate and entertain the whole family on this mighty vessel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Main deck, the President's Cabin, and museum spaces are accesible for wheelchairs via chairlifts. Additional decks and exhibits require traversing steep stairs.
- Strollers are allowed in accesible areas on board the ship. Stroller parking is available for those that want to continue to upper levels.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Download mobile tour app prior to visiting for FREE to explore available options. Available in 7 languages.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Award Winning Mobile Tour APP (download in Google Play or iTunes store) with 7 languages.
- Vicky the Dog Scavenger Hunt
- Museum Exhibits
- Entry/Admission - Battleship USS Iowa Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Parking fees
Battleship Iowa Museum, San Pedro
2 to 3 hours
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pacific Battleship Center in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.