Stand up and paddle on the most beautiful river in Central Florida! Starting at Wekiva Island, you'll paddle to the head waters and main spring of the Wekiva River. Along the way you'll see a wild and scenic side of Florida in it's most natural state. Arriving at the springs you'll have the choice to swim through the spring during the spring and summer seasons, take a short hike or if you desire just hang out and relax for a few minutes and take in the beauty of Wekiva State Park. After the spring and park hop back onto your board and let the gentle current return you to Wekiva Island. Paddle craft only on this section of the Wekiva; tall tree lined banks shade and block the wind. Creating calm ideal paddling conditions over cryptal clear shallow water. Truly a world class paddling destination.
About This Deal
After checking in with your guide, you'll take part in a 10-minute orientation so you can familiarize yourself with basic paddling techniques needed for this trip up the Wekiva River.
After all passengers are comfortable on their boards, you'll start making your way up river. Expect to see lush vegetation featuring oak and cypress trees canopies and wildlife like turtles, birds, fish, otters, and maybe an occasional lazy gator. You'll paddle against a small current for about 1.5-miles before reaching the spring head. Once there, we'll tie-off your board and disembark at Wekiva State Park. At the state park you'll have the option to sit and relax or take a short hike around the springs. During the spring and summer months, you can take a dip in the springs with one of your instructors who will show you how to swim through the spring head. Wekiva State park is home to wekiwa springs a first magnitude spring flowing 42 millions gallons of water daily. The area around the spring is largely undeveloped and has acres of untouched Florida ecology
After leaving the state park, board your paddleboard and let the current take you back to Wekiva Island.
• Wekiva Island, 1014 Miami Springs Dr, Longwood, FL 32779-2214
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all paddlers
- Dress code is comfortable for exercising
- swimming at the springs is optional no additional charges
- Must know how to swim
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All necessary equipment
- Safety orientation
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Transportation to/from Wekiva Island
1014 Miami Springs Dr, Longwood, FL 32779, USA
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/29/2021 - 3/31/2022
|Monday - Saturday:||09:00 AM - 01:00 PM|
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paddleboard Orlando in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.