Stand up and paddle on the most beautiful river in Central Florida! Starting at Wekiva Island, you'll paddle to the head waters and main spring of the Wekiva River. Along the way you'll see a wild and scenic side of Florida in it's most natural state. Arriving at the springs you'll have the choice to swim through the spring if you desire or just hang out and relax for a few minutes and take in the beauty of Wekiva State Park. After the spring and park hop back onto your board and let the gentle current return you to Wekiva Island.
What You'll Get
After checking in with your guide, you'll take part in a 15-minute orientation so you can familiarize yourself with basic paddling techniques needed for this trip up the Wekiva River.
After all passengers are comfortable on your boards, you'll start making your way up river. Expect to see lush vegetation featuring oak and cypress trees canopies and wildlife like turtles, birds, fish, otters, and maybe an occasional lazy gator. You'll paddle against a small current for about 1.5-miles before reaching the spring head. Once there, we'll tie-off your board and disembark at Wekiva State Park. At the state park you'll have the option to sit and relax or take a short hike around the springs. During the spring and summer months, you can take a dip in the springs with one of your instructors who will show you how to swim through the spring head. Wekiva State park is home to wekiwa springs a first magnitude spring flowing 42 millions gallons of water daily. The area around the spring is largely undeveloped and has acres of untouched Florida Ecology. Among the wildlife of the park are coyote, rabbit, deer, gray fox, bobcat, raccoon, opossum and black bear.
After leaving the state park, board your paddleboard and let the current take you back to Wekiva Island. Along the way, enjoy the scenery and serenity of the river. Wekiva River Adventure Paddle !
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all paddlers
- Dress code is comfortable for exercising
- swimming at the springs is optional no additional charges
- Must know how to swim
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- All necessary equipment
- Safety orientation
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Transportation to/from Wekiva Island
1014 Miami Springs Dr, Longwood, FL 32779, USA
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paddleboard Orlando in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.