What You'll Get
After checking in with your guide, you'll take part in a 15-minute orientation so you can familiarize yourself with basic paddling techniques needed for this trip up the Wekiva River.
After all passengers are comfortable on your boards, you'll start making your way up river. Expect to see lush vegetation featuring oak and cypress trees canopies and wildlife like turtles, birds, fish, otters, and maybe an occasional lazy gator. You'll paddle against a small current for about 1.5-miles before reaching the spring head. Once there, we'll tie-off your board and disembark at Wekiva State Park. At the state park you'll have the option to sit and relax or take a short hike around the springs. During the summer months, you can take a dip in the springs with one of your instructors who will show you how to swim through the spring head. Wekiva State park is home to wekiwa springs a first magnitude spring flowing 42 millions gallons of water daily. The area around the spring is largely undeveloped and has acres of untouched Florida Ecology. Among the wildlife of the park are coyote, rabbit, deer, gray fox, bobcat, raccoon, opossum and black bear.
After leaving the state park, board your paddleboard and let the current take you back to Wekiva Island. Along the way, enjoy the scenery and serenity of the river. Wekiva River Adventure Paddle !
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 15 years
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all paddlers
- Dress code is comfortable for exercising
- Must know how to swim
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Entrance fees to Wekiva State Park
- All necessary equipment
- Safety orientation
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase) after the paddle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure at 2pm; check in at 1:45pm
2.5 to 3 hrs
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paddleboard Orlando in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.