Experience 25-30 blocks of Charleston’s historic downtown district on this 1-Hour Daytime Palmetto Carriage Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour. See houses, gardens, mansions, churches & parks, learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora & the people that make up the “Holy City."
Palmetto Carriage Works is the oldest carriage tour company in Charleston and has developed the greatest carriage experience in the city! A Palmetto Carriage tour offers a blend of knowledge, wit, humor, and history and is exciting and ever-changing; a seamless fusion of 19th-century conveyance in a 21st-century city.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Charleston City Market, 188 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401-3155
Our Barn is located just off of the Charleston City Market. You will meet your certified tour guide here and then you will depart on your hour long horse or mule drawn carriage tour. The carriage will go through the City gate at the market where the tour guide is assigned a tour route. You will see about 30 blocks of the historic district which will include beautiful architecture, churches, buildings, gardens and more. The tour returns to the Big Red Barn.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Palmetto Carriage Works, 8 Guignard St, Charleston, SC 29401-2013
This is where you will meet your tour guide and your horse or mule drawn carriage.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Joe Riley Waterfront Park, Concord Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Bright green public space overlooking the Charleston coast.
Pass By: Battery & White Point Gardens, East Battery & Murray Blvd., Charleston, SC 29401
Public Garden and outdoor space located in the Battery
Pass By: Old Exchange & Provost Dungeon, 122 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401-2103
Completed in 1771 as the New Exchange and Customs House, and recognized today as South Carolina's most historic building.
Pass By: Rainbow Row, 79 - 107 East Bay Street, Charleston, SC 29401
The longest cluster of Georgian row houses in the United States.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- 1-hour Horse Drawn Carriage Ride of Historic Charleston
- Professional Guide
- Learn about buildings, history, architecture, flora, and the people that make up the “Holy City”
- See a mixture of houses, gardens, mansions, churches, and parks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Palmetto Carriage Works in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.