Soar the skies of Oahu on a 60-minute helicopter tour in a replica of the chopper from ‘Magnum, P.I.’ Departing from Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore, this fully narrated tour covers island highlights like Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head and Sacred Falls. An expert pilot takes you on a thrilling, low-level flight just offshore from Waikiki that follows the same route seen in the opening sequence of the popular 1980s television series. No mustache or aloha shirt required!
What You'll Get
Starting from the North Shore’s Turtle Bay Resort, receive a safety briefing before settling into the seat of your helicopter. This 4-passenger MD500 helicopter is a replica of the chopper flown by T.C. in Magnum P.I., the popular crime drama from the '80s starring Tom Selleck as a private investigator on Oahu.
Imagine yourself hunting for clues during a 60-minute aerial tour that take you along the Oahu coast over Shark’s Cove, Sunset Beach and Kahana Bay. Look down upon an expanse of white-sand shoreline nestled between emerald mountains, and keep an eye out for big-wave surfers in Waimea Bay.
Snap photos of the Dole Plantation’s famous pineapple maze from above before your pilot heads to Pearl Harbor, where you’ll soar over the USS Missouri. Continue flying low above the Pacific Ocean, following the same Waikiki Beach route Magnum does during the TV show, and then enjoy prime views of Diamond Head and the 1,000-foot (305-meter) Sacred Falls (Kaliuwa’a), closed to public viewing except from above.
Of course, no Magnum P.I. flight would be complete without a glimpse of Robin's Nest, a 200-acre (80-hectare) oceanfront estate owned by the fictional Robin Masters. Enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the property before returning to the helipad.
• Doors off: Fly in the helicopter with the doors off, providing a major adrenaline rush while you look out at the unobstructed scenery.
• Landing: Touch down at a secluded landing site on a scenic ridge near beautiful Kualoa Ranch, where you can hop out of the chopper for photo ops. You have about 25-30 minutes here to drink in the mountain backdrop and views of the coast.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $25. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds four passengers; larger groups may be separated
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Turtle Bay Resort
Check-in: 30 minutes prior to flight
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paradise Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.