Experience an immersive 2 hour adventure that allows you to relive history as a Naval Aviator. You suit up in authentic WWII era flight gear, receive aviation equipment issue, survival training, and a pre-flight briefing. Then, hop into the cockpit of an SNJ-5C for a one hour flight around O’ahu that follows some of the flight routes of the Japanese attackers. Fly over genuine battlefields as the thrill of flight melds with history in this unique return to WWII. This intense immersion into Naval Aviation will enhance even the most avid history enthusiast’s appreciation for this tumultuous period of the 20th Century. The maximum group size for this product is 1 person.
What You'll Get
Meet for this 2-hour experience at John Kalaeloa Airport (JRF) in Oahu 45 minutes before your tour time, so you can check in. This tour has morning and afternoon departure times available.
Once you've checked in, get started by suiting up in authentic WWII-era flight gear, and receive survival training, and a pre-flight briefing.
Afterward, it's time to get up in the air. Your plane takes off, and you'll soar above Oahu for about 45-50 minutes in a U.S. Navy SNJ (AT-6), an authentic WWII aircraft. Along your flight, fly the same routes Japanese pilots did. See views of Pearl Harbor, Wheeler, Kaneohe, and Bellows airfields, and the coastline. You'll also have 2-way communication with your pilot.
Your experience ends back on the ground at the John Kalaeloa Airport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 16 years old
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
John Kalaeloa Airport (JRF)
Morning or Afternoon departures
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paradise Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.