See Oahu’s North Shore on a spectacular sunset flight by 4-passenger helicopter — with or without doors! Watch the sun descend into the Pacific and cast its glow across sky during this 30-minute aerial excursion. A licensed pilot narrates the sights and takes you soaring over the Ko’olau Mountains, Haleiwa town and remote Ka’ena Point. If you’re up for an adrenaline rush, upgrade to the doors-off option.
What You'll Get
Your sunset helicopter tour takes off from the Turtle Bay Resort helipad on Oahu’s North Shore. Check in 45 minutes prior to departure for a safety briefing, and then board the 4-passenger MD500 helicopter and buckle into your window seat.
With two-way communication between you and the licensed pilot, your tour is enhanced with narration about the island. Soak up the twilight views of sandy beaches tucked between lush mountainsides, and fly over the Ko‘olau Mountains, part of a range that rises above the eastern side of the island. Keep your eyes open for waterfalls running down the green slopes.
Spot Haleiwa, a laid-back surf town whose origins date back to sugar plantations, and see the surrounding beaches of this surfing capital, such as Waimea Bay, Banzai Pipeline and Sunset Beach; they are even more stunning draped in the vibrant hues of sunset.
Click photos of Ka'ena Point, the island’s westernmost tip, which juts into the Pacific Ocean and attracts enormous waves in winter. Then watch the sun disappear below the horizon before your tour ends back at the helipad.
Doors-off upgrade:Fly in the helicopter with the doors off, providing a major heart-pumping experience as you look out at the uninterrupted scenery and feel the rush of air.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $25. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 4 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Two-way headset communication with the pilot
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Turtle Bay Resort helipad
Evening; you must contact the local operator to confirm your exact departure time after bookingCheck-in: 30 minutes prior to flight
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Paradise Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.