We make it easy to see it all in one day! Relax on the coach as the driver guide narrates while you enjoy the beauty of Turnagain Arm.
In Whittier, the Glacier Quest Cruise cruises from the quaint seaside town to glacier-filled Blackstone Bay, a dramatic deep-water fjord where two tidewater glaciers and several alpine glaciers await. Keep an eye out for sea otters, Steller sea lions, bears, mountain goats, whales, and more!
You will see several glaciers, including Tebenkof Glacier, named for Mikhail Demitrievich Tebenkof, an outstanding surveyor whose maps were the first charts of Alaska’s waters published in 1852. Northland Glacier rests majestically, clinging to the edge of the towering mountain. Blackstone and Beloit are tidewater glaciers that have carved a steep pathway to reach Prince William Sound’s saltwater. Cruise up close to these massive glaciers to watch for telltale signs of movement signaled by the distinct “pop” of glacier ice calving.
Return to Anchorage by coach.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Turnagain Arm Drive, Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK
Traveling between Anchorage and Whittier is a spectacular journey. The Seward Highway is designated a Scenic Byway that follows the shoreline of Turnagain as it winds its way along the base of mountains revealing one stunning view after the next. As time allows, photo stops will be made along the way.
Pass By: Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel, Portage Glacier Hwy, Whittier, AK 99693
Travel time from Anchorage to Whittier is 90 minutes. From Girdwood to Whittier, allow 45 minutes.
The Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel is open thirty minutes past the hour for access to Whittier. The tunnel opens on the hour to depart Whittier, hourly until 11:00 PM.
Stop At: Prince William Sound, AK
Explore Blackstone Bay on the 3.75-hour Glacier Quest Cruise. See glaciers, waterfalls, and wildlife up close.
After the cruise, meet the coach at 5:45 PM for your return to Anchorage.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Whittier, Whittier, Alaska
Whittier Alaska is the Gateway to Prince William Sound. This quaint coastal town is home to just 200 residents. Whittier is the place where local Alaskans come to play in Prince William Sound for the weekend.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers need to ascend/descend 3-5 steps to board coach. Please call for assistance
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 140 travelers
- ADA Accessibility is limited - Please call regarding your specific needs so we can assist you.
- No Seasickness Guarantee - Our smooth cruising catamarans & the calm waters of Prince William Sound.
- A Chugach National Forest Service ranger provide professional narration during the cruise.
- Smoke-free vessels - We do not allow any form of tobacco, marijuana, vape or e-cigarettes.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee, hot tea, and ice water are available.
- Lunch - Wild Alaska smoked salmon chowder, oyster crackers, Julienne vegetable salad, roll, cheese stick, fruit snack, and a Peppermint Pattie. Vegetarian Chili (GF) or Kids’ Meal, on request 48 hours before.
- Restroom on board
- Entry/Admission - Prince William Sound
- Gift Shop items are available for purchase on board to share with family back home.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Warm your spirits with our signature hot drinks or try our Glacier Ice Margarita. Our full-service bar features Alaskan ales on tap, wine, a full selection of spirits and liquors.
Hotel Captain Cook, 939 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
11 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Phillips Cruises & Tours, LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings