What You'll Get
The tour begins with 6-minute video history, then proceeds through the rest of the main floor covering the lobby, the ballroom and buffet rooms, weaving stories of former orphans, military and the castle's current uses. Proceed to the basement to see WWII POW cells, gargoyles, a dungeon and its modern guard. The tour then heads to the second floor to the theater where some rather amusing current history is told. The tour then proceeds to the historic sleeping rooms and finishes in the highest point of the castle, the tower room.
While quite a modest castle in terms of cost to build, visitors find the non-traditional history fascinating. It says history, but it is designed to entertain kids as well. There are stairs, so you will get your exercise, with a few resting spots along the way. Wheelchair accessibility is main floor only.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum number of 4 guests apply for tour to take place. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers 5 years and up
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Viator brokerage fee
- Local taxes
- Transportation to/from attractions
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pythian Castle in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.