On this 3 hour culinary adventure around the “Magic City” we’ll eat some of the best local food Birmingham has to offer. From the comforts of our intimate transportation we’ll start the tour with some local snacks and soda. We’ll then criss-cross the city learning about the immigrants that created the food culture of Birmingham and the immigrants that carry the tradition on to this day. We’ll make stops to learn about Birmingham’s hot dog obsession, our BBQ culture, sample some local craft beer, and enjoy some savory and sweet treats on this delicious drive around town.
What You'll Get
Enjoy complimentary pickup from your downtown hotel or Airbnb as your guide drives to Railroad Park to begin your exciting food and drink tour of Birmingham. Pickups are 15 minutes before the tour begins. If you have not scheduled a pickup meet your guide at Railroad Park. The tour starts promptly at 2:00.
Our small group of no more than 6 will talk at the park as we hear the origins of Birmingham's food history. We then visit the following sights and have food or a drink at: Gus's Hot Dogs, Saw's BBQ, Peanut Place, Pizitz Food Hall, Ghost Train Brewing (a flight of beer). We will substitute stops if needed and may include Full Moon BBQ, Sam's Super Sandwiches, or another brewery in the city. As we enjoy the tastes of Birmingham, you'll be able to sample locally made soft drinks, potato chips, and cookies.
Hotel pickup and drop-off within downtown Birmingham, which include:
• Elyton Hotel
• Redmont Hotel
• Hampton Inn - Tutwiler
• Sheraton Birmingham
• Westin Birmingham
• DoubleTree by Hilton Birmingham
• Residence Inn by Marriott Birmingham Downtown at UAB
• Hotel Highland Downtown - UAB
• Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown Near UAB
• Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Downtown at UAB
• SpringHill Suites by Marriott Birmingham Downtown at UAB
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to significant weather (hurricane, tornado, or ice), you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Any sight temporarily closed will be substituted with another sight in town
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- We cannot accommodate any allergy or dietary restrictions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- All activities
- Air conditioned transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within downtown Birmingham
- Alcoholic Beverages
Company: Red Clay Tours
Railroad Park, Birmingham, AL
2 hours 45 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Red Clay Enterprises LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.