PLEASE GO TO "RevolutionaryToursNYC.com" FOR MORE TOUR DATES.
Experience secret Central Park locations only a true New York City historian can help you find. ENJOY THE FALL FOLIAGE NOW. Visit some of Central Park's least-trafficked, truly historic and most scenic locations above 100th Street. Discover the history of Central Park and its creators, find out what was there before, visit Revolutionary War forts, see the stunning formal gardens, "hike" through Central Park's man-made Adirondack Mountains and so much more. This very fascinating, educational and entertaining tour is conducted by a licensed New York City tour guide with over 20 years of experience.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 59th to 110th Street Manhattan Borough, from Central Park West to 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10022
Secrets and surprises abound! Get away from it all and immerse yourself in some of the most scenic, least-visited, and historical parts in the best Central Park walking tour in New York City, The tour is all above 100th Street and below 110th Street. "Secret Places of Central Park".
The majestic 843 acre, man-made, 2.5 mile long park, set in the center of the largest city in the United States continues to astound. As a New Yorker or visitor, you might have seen the Lake and Bethesda Fountain, but this tour, the Secret Places of Central Park will take you to secret places that will surprise you with delight. This walking tour is conducted by a licensed New York City tour guide with 20 years experience.
You will be amazed as you…
• Explore the forest of the North Woods.
• Visit the Secret Garden of the formal Conservatory Gardens
• Hear about the history and see the grounds of a convent built on the site of Central Park
• “Look out” for invaders as you stand high on fortresses from the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812
• Overlook the scenic vistas of the Harlem Meer
• Tread the same ground that General George Washington rode on before he re-entered New York City
• Stroll under awe-inspiring arches
• Find peace and tranquility along the beautiful Loch and waterfalls
You’ll learn the fascinating history of the park and gain an even greater appreciation for what the creators Frederick Law Olmstead, Calvert Vaux and commissioner, Andrew Haswell Green accomplished 160 years ago. You will understand how the park was designed. This tour is a must for all lovers of New York City and Central Park.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- NOTE:PLEASE GO TO "RevolutionaryToursNYC.com" FOR MORE TOUR DATES.
- Tours go out in rain, snow and shine. There are no cancellations or rescheduling for rain or snow within 24 hours of the start of the tour.
- The tour is approximately 3.5 miles and takes about 2.5 hours. You should be in good physical shape; there is uneven terrain, unpaved trails, rocks, some steep (but short) hills on dirt and mulch, uneven stairs and potentially slippery areas. It is essential that you dress appropriately and wear suitable shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Some locations may not be open or accessible depending on weather conditions and/or park closings.
- Visit Revolutionary Tours NYC site for additional later times/dates
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Tour Runs from 12:00PM-2:30PM
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Revolutionary Tours NYC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.