What You'll Get
After meeting your guide across the street from Providence City Hall at 12pm, you'll begin a walking tour on this one-of-a-Kind food tasting tour. This fully-narrated guided tour will visits at least six food tasting locations in the Downcity Arts District neighborhood. Delicious food tastings are served from both casual eateries serving up approachable, local farm-to-table comfort food to award winning fine dining plating fresh creative dishes. A few stops include a tasting and briefing on the art of 'bao' making (Chinese filled steam bun); a Parisian-inspired café, where guests partake in the pleasures of seasonal, wholesome goodness; a coal-fired, made from scratch gourmet favorite; and a non-traditional, experimental bakery stand serving up inventive sweet and savory snacks.
Between bites and samplings, you’ll get an insider’s view of the Providence Downcity's hot modern day culinary landscape, where food, art and architecture collide in a very walkable, scenic, diverse small city. Your expert guide with share their knowledge of epicurean favorites, hidden murals and art, architectural gems, hidden speakeasies and local festivals and entertainment to be found in the creative capital.
Sample Tasting Locations:
- Ellie's Bakery & Cafe - A Parisian inspired bakery filled with goodness and prepared with responsibly sourced local ingredients
- Oberlin - James Beard nominated casual neighborhood restaurant and wine bar with a hyper local small plate focus.
- Dune Brother's Seafood - Unconventional local sustainable New England fish shack.
- Friskie Fries - Crunchy fun-tastic fries served with savory and sweet toppings. Watch for their retro inspired food trucks and jump in on the naughty toppings.
- Knead - Classic, timeless artisan doughnuts elevated to a whole new level.
- Yoleni's - A first in the US, Greek Emporium where you will discover and experience exotic foods and flavors of Greece.
- Gracie's - A seasonally inspired fine dining establishment focused on fresh local ingredients, some grown on their own rooftop. A Prestigious, AAA 4 Diamond Award Winner 5 years in a row
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for check in, departure starts promptly at 12pm
- A moderate amount of walking is involved,1 slight incline, approx. 1.8mi (2.89km)
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking
- Vegetarian substitutions available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Pescatarian diets can be accommodated at some locations, but not all, please advise at time of booking if required
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years, if you choose the food and alcohol ticket upgrade
- Children 8 and up must be accompanied by an adult, under 8 years old is not recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately for weather
- Food tastings
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Guide sheet & map
- Alcoholic drinks (if option selected)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Tour ends at Gracie's on Washington St. at approximately 3pm - 3:15pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Rhode Island Red Food Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.