What You'll Get
Enjoy the unique privilege that is exclusively ours here in Citrus County Florida by swimming with the manatees in the spring-fed King’s Bay Wildlife Refuge! Crystal River is home to the world’s largest population of endangered manatee during the winter season, and even a small population the warm months. Having the chance to encounter these wild giants in their natural habitat is an adventure that your family will never forget!
Embark on your journey with a Coast Guard Certified Master Captain who will be your in water chaperon, educator and photographer. Your tour will run four hours from start to finish and everything you will need is included for one price. You will begin at our full-service tour facility, where you will be educated about the animals in a classroom type setting and receive tips for your snorkel tour to make the most of your day. You will be taught the in’s and out’s of ‘passive interaction’ as this ensures that the animals enjoy the experience as much as we do! You will then be suited up and transported to the dock, where a Coast Guard certified covered pontoon will be waiting for you. This rich estuary will amaze…..birds, fish and wildlife abound! Submerge yourself in the manatee’s world! Finish your adventure by viewing your Captain’s photos back at our facility and be sure to visit our one-of-a-kind gift shop! Our well-informed staff will direct to other local attractions, restaurants and answer of your questions before you are on your way.
We guarantee that after you meet our slow-moving wild giants you will never be the same! You will never forget your adventures here in Crystal River, and chances are – we will see you again! Be treated like royalty on our Komfort Kruiser and see the Wildlife Refuge in style! Customized, luxury pontoon seats up to six and offers you a comfortable, more personalized 4 hour excursion!
• Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice, water and Captain’s cocktails included
• In water tour guide and photographer provided at no extra charge
• Full enclosed and heated during the winter months
• Mask, snorkel, wetsuit all included
It is very important to have realistic expectations when it comes to a wild animal encounter! Every trip is different and the experience is unique for each individual. In the cooler weather the animals migrate to this area and congregate here for the protection of the warm water springs; when the weather warms they can move about going wherever they want! The early mornings tend to be the best time to find the animals and best chance of seeing them near the springs where the water tends to be more clear. Remember it is very simple, cold weather = many manatee; warmer weather=lower manatee counts and more time looking for these endangered animals. Even seeing a few manatee is a phenomenal adventure!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wetsuits are available in sizes from toddlers (2 years old and up) to adults up to 5X
- It is advised that you have your swimsuit on underneath your clothes for a quicker check-in
- Please bring a towel and a plastic bag to hold your belongings
- Use of equipment (mask, snorkel gear and wet suit)
- Beverages (bottled water, coffee and hot chocolate)
- Professional guide
- Introductory/instructional video offered in English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish
- Food and beverages (unless otherwise specified)
- Photo DVD (available to purchase)
- Towel and swimsuit
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the River Ventures in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.